MIDI input suddenly laggy

Bro, does your rig even lift?
thomas_gotcha
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

MIDI input suddenly laggy

Post by thomas_gotcha »

I have a problem sometimes my APC40mk2 or MPD232 gets very slow in the way that i.e. layerfader follows only 3 or more seconds after the midi controller was moved. It seems to help to restart resolume and in some cases the entire computer. But I cannot put my finger on the source of this malfunction to happen. Is there a treat about this problem or does it sound familiar?
Thanks in advance, I don’t think I am thát special to be the only one with this issue.
VJ for Life

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: MIDI input suddenly laggy

Post by Arvol »

In the 10 years of working with this software this is the first time I've heard of this. I've seen midi disconnect but never have a delay. what does your hardware stats look like when this happens?
are you going midi device direct into Resolume or is there software in between? sounds like your system is lagging out, does playback continue to perform smoothly?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Does it happen when you have huge amounts of clips lots, and you have the same CC mapped to a layer transition too?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

thomas_gotcha

Post by thomas_gotcha »

Yes everything else is still fine*, when I don’t use the midi device but the mouse instead, there is nothing wrong going on. But when I touch the fader or button this ‘strange phenomenon’ is sliding the fader in the screen very slow and I can not stop it with my mouse.

I had this fixed once with removing the external SSD that was connected via usb. (1TB samsung T7 rugged)

* I have the hardware stats displayed and all the values were green.
VJ for Life

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you're playing your files from the same USB bus, or the bus is very busy otherwise, that could explain it.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

boris.lema
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by boris.lema »

Hi, I had the same problems with a server at a club running a APC40 mk2. When you turn the speed up it laggs and when you reset the speed its indeed with a delay. Also layer op. laggs
What i found is you could try to lowering or upping the buffer size on the preferances of the audio. I had some good results doing this, strange but works sometimes.

zzajekilay

Post by zzajekilay »

Hi there

I've also been plauged with this issue for quite a while now. MIDI at points will become super laggy/choppy and not enitrely sure why. It can somemtimes be so bad that you'll fade a fader down to zero and it'll take about 3-4 secs to follow, and when it does it can be super choppy jumping from 100 to 50 then finally to 0. Sometimes it'll clear on it's own but if it doesnt then restarting definetly helps and clears the issue but it does come back. Still haven't been able to nail down the cause of this issue and would also like some guidance to figuring it out. Would definetly appreciate it.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

How many layers and columns do you have in the composition?

Do you also see the lag in a new deck?

Any shortcuts mapped to Layer transition time?