Comp/preview monitors

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ricoca
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Comp/preview monitors

Post by ricoca »

I am STILL having issues with an M1 chip Mac [ may not be significant however ?] and the size of the clips in these windows ... i.e. they only show as 1/4 screen in these monitors ..comp/preview . I had previously thought that it was a matter of shifting around the output monitors [ Mac TV screen ] in display settings in the Mac ..However this is no longer working .. is there a tutorial to walk thru to how this can be set up without this constant aggro ?????????

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Comp/preview monitors

Post by Zoltán »

Try disabling display mirroring.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

ricoca

Post by ricoca »

thanks for reply ...which may 'work ' however if I want to use a TV for a bigger screen and I am mirroring the Mac :o screen then this is still an issue ???

Although unplugging the TV [hdmi] from the Mac does allow Resolume to resize the monitors [ since when btw did the output monitor [ on tutorials from resolume site] become the composition monitor ??!! and remain so when the TV is plugged back in ...

Well almost .... the screen monitor still has black edges ..which may have something to do with the Mac display settings which I havent tried yet !!

OK .... the Mac display settings have to be on the middle of the scaled settings for the monitors to be to be optimally functioning ... omg what a palaver ???!!!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The monitors got their own panels a few months ago.

You can also try to use a resolution which is not HiDPI on the mac built in screen.

SwitchResX can help you with this
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2022-07-20 - 16.49.34.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

ricoca

Post by ricoca »

ok thanks