Ability to map menu shortcuts

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
dgodd
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Ability to map menu shortcuts

Post by dgodd »

Howdy

I think that the ability to map menu shortcuts would be handy.

My main wish with this is that "Control+R" would be able to rename clips. Pretty easy to right click then click on rename, however a shortcut would be awesome too.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Ability to map menu shortcuts

Post by Arvol »

Not a fan of this request.
Have you looked into Chataigne or Bomes? you can convert a midi press into a keystroke. That might be a solution for you?

dgodd

Post by dgodd »

I will look into those. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not superbly interested in using a midi controller for renaming clips for instance though.

Nearly every video/photo editing program I've used has Control+R as rename, so it makes sense in my mind.

vectorfuton

Post by vectorfuton »

Well I AM a fan of this request. Just the other day I kept instinctively trying to ctrl-R a bunch of clips as it would've saved me a lot of time compared to right clicking + clicking Rename each clip.

Every other program works like this. It's so weird that it even needs to be requested, kinda like how it took til version 7 for an undo feature. Like, what!?

dgodd

Post by dgodd »

vectorfuton wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 04:06 Well I AM a fan of this request. Just the other day I kept instinctively trying to ctrl-R a bunch of clips as it would've saved me a lot of time compared to right clicking + clicking Rename each clip.

Every other program works like this. It's so weird that it even needs to be requested, kinda like how it took til version 7 for an undo feature. Like, what!?
Glad you agree! I looked into the workaround solutions provided by Arvol, and it seems to not be in line with what I am looking to do.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Sorry, I miss understood. I thought Ctrl+r was already a working shortcut and you wanted a way to map that keyboard shortcut to a midi controller. You're saying that ctrl+r doesn't give you the option to rename a clip. THAT, I am fan of ;)

+1 for this request

Phlux

Post by Phlux »

+1 🙏🏼