Setup 3D Fixture for pixel mapping

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
ThemisLD
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Setup 3D Fixture for pixel mapping

Post by ThemisLD »

Hello I am Themis,

I am using Resolume Arena for a long time and i love it, i have start intersteed of pixel mapping using digital led strips. I am working on project that i need to use 360 degrees digital led tubes and i realize that on a way to setup "x,y" parametres everything is ok, the problem start with "z" parametre that i can not figure out how to setup something like this. For example if i have 25 pieces of 360 digital led bars with 10 pixels in raw in the roof Horizontal and put them 5x5 i will get a flat screen of 250 pixels so "x,y" parametres will be ok and works, but if i will set the 360 digital led bars vertical i will get a flat screen of 25 pixel in "x,y" parametres and 10 pixels in "z" parametre so 25x10 = 250 pixels. So how can i set "z" to fixtures or on mapping in advanced output? Sorry for my english if there are bad for any futher necessary explanation of my project to find a solution let me know. Thanks in advance!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Setup 3D Fixture for pixel mapping

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume works in 2D currently.

I guess your tube has individually addressable pixels.

What kind of look are you aiming for?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

ThemisLD

Post by ThemisLD »

Sorry for late response I need to do something like this in the link below, it is so sad that we can not map the z parameter, Resolume has unlimited possibilities and it was very helpful with artnet and capabilities with dmx consoles also with video mapping, plug-ins and pixel mapping but I was very sad that we need to use completely other complicated softwares to reach the 3d mapping. Please do something with that because the projects has more and more expectations time to time and the need are growing fastly! https://youtu.be/TfwUxJDt95k

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Moved to feature requests ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Was there an update i missed or does the 3d option is still in the pipeline?
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

ThemisLD

Post by ThemisLD »

Unfortunately it stills not be implemented yet as i know..