Reducing latency

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
FractalMan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Reducing latency

Post by FractalMan »

3 concept questions:

1. Does adding more effects increase latency?

2. Does latency only apply to send/receive external video/audio? I'm only recording audio-tracking from composition/internal within the computer, not outputting to projector - but still have sync issues. Recorded video is out of sync with the audio. Can't seem to get the timing on pre-recorded video synced with the audio just right. Video is DVX3, Audio sample rate is 44100/16, buffer 512, Master output delay is the one I'm not sure if I should be monkeying with - currently set to 0. Theoretically could there be 0 delay if you're just recording to your HD?

Not using BPM sync, just internal audio.

3 - Is a narrower EQ band in the visual spectrum better (more dynamic) than a slightly wider range? For the most "pop" is skinny eq cooler?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Reducing latency

Post by Zoltán »

1. you mean audio effects? yes, I'd say they increase latency.

2. sounds like the recording is dropping frames. Try lowering the composition resolution and make sure you're using DXV videos for footage, from a fast internal SSD.
Recording to photoJpeg would be the easiest to encode.

3. If I understand correctly, it depends on what you want to do and what your input sound slike.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu