Auto change project frame rate to match video clip option

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Intange
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Auto change project frame rate to match video clip option

Post by Intange »

Hi,

Im not sure this is possible, but I'll try to explain my scenario. My rig is locked to 30fps from the motion content i create, to Resolume, to my display output, to the Theatrixx quad splitters I use. It keeps all the motion content I create super smooth, and Ive done up to 12 outputs this way. Works great. Sometimes onsite ill be handed a video to play thats 23.98fps. The audio seems to be out of sync if I keep Resolume locked at 30fps. If I unlock it, its fine, but then some of my motion content is not as smooth. Here is the Ask.

Is it possible to have an option in the clip panel that when on and a video is playing it will auto change the project fps setting to match the video clip. I know auto frame rate is supposed to work like this, but I find it doesnt. My content is way smoother if im locked to 30fps.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Auto change project frame rate to match video clip option

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume can't be locked to 30fps currently. The FPS you can set in the composition settings is a maximum.
FPS can dip below that if loads are high.
If the clips play out of sync, check their encoding. Audio should be uncompressed, and video preferably DXV or prores.

Auto FPS setting will use whatever your GPU can do. The cap there is your slowest display you send output to, if you have Vsync on (which I don't recommend disabling.)

Also, what would happen if you play two clips with different FPS?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Intange

Post by Intange »

Ok, good to know. It definitely plays my content smoother when Im at 30fps. So if its a max, what does Auto mean?

Intange

Post by Intange »

Im also using Alley to encode at DXV 16Bit 48Khz.