Pioneer DJ TCNet sync not working

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
swayenmusic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Pioneer DJ TCNet sync not working

Post by swayenmusic »

Hello,

I just purchased (x2) CDJ-3000's and a DJM-900NXS2 mixer and am trying to get a synced visual lightshow.

I have downloaded ShowKontrol and set up all appropriate settings so that it communicates with Resolume correctly. Resolume recognizes all the appropriate players and displays them.

My issue is that it's extremely inconsistent and unreliable. Sometimes the track names/artist don't show on the player #, sometimes the fader position isn't updating, and eventually it just stops working all together like it never even detected a player plugged in. I have to restart everything and turn it on in a specific order and only then will it work for 2-3 songs 50% of the time.

Things I've done -
  • Got a dedicated USB-C to ethernet dongle
  • Made sure the IP is the same for everything and selected on all programs including Resolume
  • CDJs and Mixer are connected and communicating all information to ShowKontrol
  • Using correct ethernet cable types

I really wanted to have visuals for an upcoming live show but I'm starting to run out of time. If anyone could please help me or guide me in the right direction I'd love you forever. I'm just trying to play a 60 track set with a visual connected to each song and switch back and forth between the decks as they're mixed in consistently. I can post any info or pictures needed. Thank you!!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Pioneer DJ TCNet sync not working

Post by Zoltán »

Are you on windows 10, or 11? we've seen a lot of lagging from the bridge app on 11.

Have you tried with the Bridge app, does it work better with that?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

swayenmusic
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by swayenmusic »

I am on MacBook Pro with M1 PRO, 16gb RAM, macOS Monterey. I've tried both Pioneer's Pro DJ link bridge app and showkontrol and they both have their own problems.

ShowKontrol is just very inconsistent on the information it decides to send and when it wants to work. Pioneer bridge seems to be a lot more stable besides the fact it doesn't send the track info/time the track is at to Resolume.

One thing to note is that Resolume always it recognizing when I pause or play a track whether it be ShowKontrol or Bridge app.

I can post pictures of each apps behavior if that will help narrow down a possible solution

knappy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by knappy »

I'm experiencing a simmilar issue with Resolume / ShowKontrol / CDJ 3000s

I know there is an issue with the pioneer firmware 2.03 and Skowkontrol but I've tried the beta, and back and forth with the firmware 2.02 and 2.03.

ShowKontrol sees everything properly and resolume shows the multiple decks (remember ShowKontrol sends each deck, and then the A channel, B channel, and master channel (and a reserve channel 8)

In resolume, I cannot select the playing deck to the clip to assign. This used to work in a prior version.