PC Spec Recommendation for Church

Bro, does your rig even lift?
daniovercomer
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

PC Spec Recommendation for Church

Post by daniovercomer »

Hi to everyone on this forum hope you all have a good day,

I am quite new to this, need help recommending spec for our PC.
We are currently trying to build a middle tier PC for our Church.
Want to ask recommendation on the spec of the PC.

Based on our research from Hardware Resolume Forum:

CPU : Intel i7 12700kF
RAM : 64 Gb
Grahic Card : Asus RTX 3080
SSD : Samsung NVME m.2 1TB

We are currently outputing to 1920 x 1080 LED Screen in Front of Stages that's about it.

We need input if we have extra budget, should we upgrade our Graphic card to 3080 Ti perhaps ? or maybe if we have extra budget we should increase our RAM ?

Thank you for your help on this.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: PC Spec Recommendation for Church

Post by Arvol »

Get a Razer, Sager, or Asus laptop (Those are in the order I would recommend, also in order of least budget friendly lol)

For what you're doing a 3060 GPU would be more than enough. (You shouldn't be playing more than 4-6 layers at a time, i would hope ha!)

NVMe is the way to go, how much content will you use at once? 1TB is probably more than enough.

16-64GB of ram is ideal. If you are not planning on using more than 5 FX at once and no generative particle systems, then 16 would be plenty. Planning on rendering out a TON of IMAG FX in real time, or have an interactive install, then get more ram. Sounds like 16 is plenty.

What is your i_o? capturing any other devices? If using a TON of NDI, then a Beefy CPU will help,. Only doing a couple of NDI streams, then a basic CPU is fine.

Get a nice laptop cooler and take care of it and you'll be in good shape. I still have 2016 Razer Blades with a GTX1060 on tour to this day.

daniovercomer
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by daniovercomer »

Thank you Mr Arvol for the response

we are thinking of getting a PC since it have better cooling

Yes we are not heavy user, maximum 4-6 layers at a time correct.

yes i think so, 1 TB should be more than sufficient for us.

so actually back then in our previous setup we use
i9 10700k
16 Gb RAM
RTX 3060
SSD 1 TB

there comes a time where the program stutter abit, laggy abit, but it's oftenly happen, maybe once every hours. we are not sure what happened.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

That previous setup looks perfect (more than enough) for what you're doing. The hiccup might have something to do with a windows task scheduler or something?

OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by OdyPody »

Did you buy a computer already?

I also think what u showed as specs for a new is total overkill for what you are doing right now.

In opposite to the other replay i see no reason to go for a laptop in a fixed installation as you trade away power for not needed portability and also if ever a part is defective you can easyli exchange it in a pc or upgrade later the GPU if needed.

Your old computer is more then capable to do what you need. i would recommend a new Windows installation from 0, updates all drivers and it sould be fine. If not take it to the next PC Repair Store to have it checked. RTX 3060 with that CPU is more then enough to do 3 FHD Outputs with several layers. Check the Resolume Benchmark Sheet available.

Good luck!