Control several functions with one button

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
mendyor
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Control several functions with one button

Post by mendyor »

Hi.

I'm using the Colorize feature on several layers and clips in separate functions I've designed, and I want to control that the same color is set for all the functions I've made with one button.

What I do today, is a button on the APC40MKIII whose MIDI Command controls any Colorize I wanted.

I want to prepare backup functions for myself in case of a malfunction in the APC40MKII...

What are my options to connect several effects (Colorize) to one control inside the computer (PC&MAC)?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Control several functions with one button

Post by Arvol »

You can map the same button or dial to multiple UI parametersin in Resolume. You could set you MIDI input device to be "Any" and that way as long as both of your controllers have the same MIDI assignnments (by defaulth they should ) you can plug and play any controller in and have the same functionality.

mendyor
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mendyor »

Arvol wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 15:02 You can map the same button or dial to multiple UI parametersin in Resolume. You could set you MIDI input device to be "Any" and that way as long as both of your controllers have the same MIDI assignnments (by defaulth they should ) you can plug and play any controller in and have the same functionality.
i want to do it without a physical button (in case the controller breaks in the middle of an event)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Then use companion by bitfocus