PC Laptop recommendation

Bro, does your rig even lift?
cinker
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

PC Laptop recommendation

Post by cinker »

I know there are already a lot of threads about this, but sharing a new one anyway...I'm a long time Mac user, based in the US, and my 2013 MBP just died so now I'm looking at gaming PCs specifically for Resolume, will only be used for that. What do you think of the ASUS 15.6" Republic of Gamers Strix G15 with 32GB of RAM and NIVIDIA 3070? Anything else that would be better in the $2,000 price range? Thanks for any thoughts or recommendations... I mostly use laptop for my seo services like I work on semrush tool to find keywords.
Last edited by cinker on Fri Apr 07, 2023 06:28, edited 1 time in total.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: PC Laptop recommendation

Post by Arvol »

My suggestions for VJ machines (In Order):

$3K price range: Razer - Fastest and most rugged/durable (metal frame)
$2k price range: Sager/Clevo - Cheaper, plastic, still great performance
<$2K price range: Asus - Cheaper yet, good performance.

OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: PC Laptop recommendation

Post by OdyPody »

cinker wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 18:06 I know there are already a lot of threads about this, but sharing a new one anyway...I'm a long time Mac user, based in the US, and my 2013 MBP just died so now I'm looking at gaming PCs specifically for Resolume, will only be used for that. What do you think of the ASUS 15.6" Republic of Gamers Strix G15 with 32GB of RAM and NIVIDIA 3070? Anything else that would be better in the $2,000 price range? Thanks for any thoughts or recommendations...
You can get a 2020 or 2021 Razer already under 2K

i also really love the MSI Stealth 15M B12UE for what it is at the price point of 1,5K its really amazing.

(fun fact: i own both and the "premium" Razer has HORRIBLE Sound while the MSI sounds amazing. yes about the Housing the razer has the edge but the MSI is nice as well. And for such a powerful machine really slim.) Just love it.