Simple question about Licences

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Simple question about Licences

Post by Arvol »

Copy that, I'll be placing an order later this week for the other redundant machines. Thanks for the clarification :)

OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by OdyPody »

I think its still a bit confusing.

I want to try to help to clarify:

We need to seperate between buying licenses and buying upgrades for a different amount of activations.

a license with one specific serial number can contain a different amount of activations depending which license you choose and here its always N+1

If you buy multiple licenses which means also different serial numbers its still N+1 - but for each license.

So if you buy 20 licenses for 1 PC each you get 40 activations - for each license 1+1.
If you buy ONE license for 20 PCs you get 21 activations - for the license 20+1^

You will realize in the pricing that an upgrade from 1 to 25 PCs with 1 license is a lot cheaper then to buy 25 licenses for 1 PC each.

then about license rules: If you would have for example 25 events and send out 25 people to run 25 shows in the same moment you are not allowed to buy 13 licenses for 1 PC and run ur 25 Shows on these 13 single licenses. As the additional license is a backup license or to switch between Home PC and Notebook on the Show.

But If you would run 12 Shows with 12 Backup PCs its absolutely fine to buy 12 single PC licenses and do 24 activations.
In that 2nd case you could check what is cheaper to buy 12 single licenses or 1 license for 24 activations. Just stay fair to the game and the developers.

so ceecrb1 and Arvol both were right.

I hope its more clear now for you.
If i am wrong i might be corrected as of course Resolume themself knows it better.
Last edited by OdyPody on Fri Jan 20, 2023 07:54, edited 2 times in total.

OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by OdyPody »

Arvol wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 16:53 Sorry, I'm not following.

If I have 25 seats, does that also mean i get 25 redundant seats as well (I still haven't had to switch to a redudnat system yet, but they're there foir insurance.)? I need to know if I need to buy a lot more seats today or not lol :)

Thanks
If your 25 Seats are in 1 license (same serial number for all computers) then you get 1 redunant.

If your 25 Seats are from 25 licenses (25 different serial number) then you get 25 redunant in total.

clear now?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

OdyPody wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 07:50 then about license rules: If you would have for example 25 events and send out 25 people to run 25 shows in the same moment you are not allowed to buy 13 licenses for 1 PC and run ur 25 Shows on these 13 single licenses. As the additional license is a backup license or to switch between Home PC and Notebook on the Show.
You can use you license seats however you want.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

OdyPody wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 07:58
Arvol wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 16:53 Sorry, I'm not following.

If I have 25 seats, does that also mean i get 25 redundant seats as well (I still haven't had to switch to a redudnat system yet, but they're there foir insurance.)? I need to know if I need to buy a lot more seats today or not lol :)

Thanks
If your 25 Seats are in 1 license (same serial number for all computers) then you get 1 redunant.

If your 25 Seats are from 25 licenses (25 different serial number) then you get 25 redunant in total.

clear now?
Zoltan, is that true? Seems like having 25 seperate keys is more benificial?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

You can do the math for yourself, license prices are public ;)

So, if you want to look at the same number of computers you can use,
let's say 50.
You can get that with 25 separate licenses for 1 computer with the +1 backup each for €19 975 Euro
Or one license for 49 computers + 1 backup for € 13 499 Euro

Renewals for 25 licenses are 25 * €219 = € 5475 Euro
Renewal for a 49 computers license is € 3712 Euro currently.

If you want to use donlges / offline machines, the backup seats don't count there. With 25 separate licenses you can use a total of 25 dongles, with a 49 computers license you can use 49.

Yeah, if you have 4 computers you want to use Resolume on, you can get two licenses for 1 computer for €1598
or a license for 3 computers for €1899

If you want to do lots of math, there is a point around 13 computers where this tips to the single license for many being cheaper,
But do you really want to keep track of that many serials and which machine you have it activated on?
That will add a lot more time on the support, and accounting side for your company. Is the €300 euro price difference worth that time?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu