Datapath FX4 Pricerange

Bro, does your rig even lift?
OdyPody
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Datapath FX4 Pricerange

Post by OdyPody »

Hello Folks!

As especially in the Video Area the price differences for professional Gear between New and 2nd hand are often really huge. For Example a Matrox Triple Head Digital goes in average for around 30-50 Bucks 2nd Hand when it was new around 300 or more. Sometimes you can grab nice Video Gear just some years old for around 1-5% of its original price.

So i wonder what is an okay 2nd hand price for a Datapath FX4 as its new around 2K.

I saw it here and there around 900-1000. But is this a good price for 2nd hand?
Whats your experience with 2nd Hand Datapath Controller Prices?

Thanks for Info!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Datapath FX4 Pricerange

Post by Arvol »

Because unlike MST's the FX4's outputs are sync'd. And you can ofset the translation of the screens.

OdyPody

Post by OdyPody »

Arvol wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 20:01 Because unlike MST's the FX4's outputs are sync'd. And you can ofset the translation of the screens.
well thats a techinical information that has basically nothing to do with my post. As my post was only about pricing of an FX4 and not technical advantages.

basically its a single question: what is a fair price for a 2nd hand FX4.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

There where 2 FX4 posts that came up literally at the same time, Was working on one and came back and didn't realize there was a second question at the same time. But thanks for being so direct that's a great way to get people to help you. So i'll just leave this here, maybe just do a ebay search and get the info like everyone else does (see I can be direct too ;) )

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... Complete=1

OdyPody

Post by OdyPody »

Well. From my experience its the better way to be direct in life. Mabye not everyone will be superhappy depending the culture. But mostly its appreciated.
Me personally i only have one communcation rule in social media and thats to stay respectful. I run a lot of large Facebook Groups. Everybody is free to share oppinions or do contra answers whatever but in the moment somebody to start with using inappropiate words they are gone.

In the end the Ebay Search helped a lot. As im in the EU i didnt think about to search the "com" and just looked the ".de" Site. So seems if you have no hurry you can sometimes grab one for around 5-600. Thats fine to me.

Thanks for the help.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Yeah, tbh I really wouldn't know if the pricing in EU would be 1:1 with my region? Datapath is UK based so you might get better deals as you are regionally closer? My best bet has been to find production companies doing their yearly auctions and you can snag stuff real cheap that way. I just got (6) 14k Christie PJ's with lenses and spare bulbs for $3k each in perfect condition including roadcase and rigging hardware (Typically a $10-12k used or a $24k new purchase). I've seen a few FX4 SDI flavor boxes come up on some PRG sales so maybe you also find something similar around you? :)

OdyPody

Post by OdyPody »

Arvol wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 16:20 Yeah, tbh I really wouldn't know if the pricing in EU would be 1:1 with my region?
At the moment best offer i have is 900 € per piece. (FX4)

Best Projector Deal i had was a Vivitek D8800 for 1000 its a WUXGA double bulb Projector with 8000 Lumen. I just had to replace 1 bulb. I think once they were new they also were above 20K.

But my favourite Purchase this year has been 4 pieces LG UST Addagio 65SL for around 400 each basically new. (Amazon Warehouse Deal + addintional discount 20%) For small mobile events i love them. They are so tiny and small and have great picture quality and as its LED i dont need to worry about sensitiviy of hot bulbs or anything. I still want to try to scale 4 of them together to one REAL 4K Projection. But i didnt find the time yet as they are USTs its very time consuming to adjust them exactly together. But its fun. As we all do it for the passion and not for the money in first priority. (at least i believe that.) :D

...btw. was the first time i heard about Christies Projectors. I always thought Panasonic is "the one" for the Big Power Stuff. how much Ansilumen do yours have? 14K?

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I'm 100% an LED guy, so these where just for a one time a year show. I was told Christie has the least failures and is hardest to break out of the major players (barco, etc.) I'm not sure tbh. The client asked for 6k's and we got 14k's for half the price of new 6k's so it should be good. 12.5 is what the sheet says https://www.christiedigital.com/product ... m/overview

Very nice find btw.