Resolume 7 Notes --- feature Requests

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
VJH0
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resolume 7 Notes --- feature Requests

Post by VJH0 »

Hello All!

With smelling Resolume 8 on the horizon; I've made a few notes over the last 6 months, and I'll put them all under 1 post to make it easier !

So I've been using Resolume in a fairly experimental playing style for a while now; trying to push the barriers of Resolume, as a software! These are the main features that I think would allow Resolume to expand into new areas and allow for new styles of freestyle VJ'ing!!!

CUE POINTS ---

-- More Cue Points

--- Temporary Cue point system
It'd be really cool if there were some way of adding a 'disposable cue point ' So a cue point that is always fresh and is ready to use !! I think an effective way of doing this would be to have the 'right hand mouse click' as a MIDI Mappable command? So I could delete the cue point when I'm done with it, and then have it ready and fresh for when the next cool part of the visual comes up !

---- Transitions between cue points *****

Would love to see the option of having transitions between cue points. Changing between cue points has an instant transition; which can often at times be jarring! Would love to see a cue point transition tab!! Would be even better if the cue point transitions had their own blend modes too!!!

Cue point per Layer!!! --- *****

Would be unreal to see cue points attached to a layer instead of just a clip!! That way I can play the cue points of one clip, and simultaneously switch between clips on other layers! Currently, if I am playing cue points on 1 clip, I cannot select between any other clip, without losing the ability to play my cue points : ( Much like how playheads can be selected clip or selected layer, would be soooo good to see this with cue points too!

PLAY HEADS ----

Double tapping play heads ---
Would be great that if double pressing heads, didn't automatically skip to the clip beginning or the clip end, When the beat Loopr is set 'Bounce' it makes it very risky to use as there is such a large margin for error, if you get it wrong; it goes extremely badly! ( Even just an option to change how clip heads behave would be great)

BEAT LOOPR ---- *******

Timeline Beatloopr --- be great to see a system where instead of using BPM for beat loopr, I could use timeline, and manually set the amount of time! Sometimes setting a clip to BPM can be jarring depending on the length of the clip; it doesn't always fit well! So using a manually inputted amount of seconds would give a lot more clip consistency and variation to how you could use Beat Loopr!

EFFECTS -----

Would be really cool to see a ' Bypass Effect ' --- would be class to be able to drag this onto a clip, and be able to bypass an individual effect on selected layer! Sometimes using effects on a layer occasionally doesn't work on certain clips (Colourise especially! ) So to be able to bypass the layer effect I don't want would make life a lot easier.

BLEND MODES ---

-- 50 Darken!

MANUAL ---

Would be great to see descriptions of all the blend modes in the manual; I use them all the time but couldn't verbally tell you what they actually do! Would be really great to have in the manual a description of what is actually happening per blend mode

LAYERS ---

Foldable layers ---

Would be cool to have 'foldable layers' For certain decks there are layers that you may not need to use, the ability to simply fold them away would be cool to keep the U.I nice and clean.

CLIPS ---

Would be cool to see 'stackable clips' if you have 2-4 clips that work really well one after the other when used on auto pilot, would be cool to be able to drop all the clips, into a single clip slot and have them auto piloting all after each other. Would add a whole new dynamic to the auto pilot feature!

OTHER ----

More U.I colours ---- *****

I've already mentioned this in a massive thread a while ago so I won't go over it again LoL!

Hopefully a few of these resonate with my fellow Resolume users : D

Big love for the software!!!!!

Cheers for Reading!!

VJHO

(P.S the ones with the **** are the ones I feel are the most important!! :) )

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Resolume 7 Notes --- feature Requests

Post by Arvol »

8 huh? news to me ;)

VJH0

Post by VJH0 »

Well I don't think I'm putting 2 + 2 together and coming out with 10 when I say it's probably time to start thinking about R8 hahah

Anyway that's the least important part of that whole post.

++++

BEAT LOOPR ----

Envelopes for BeatLoopr ---- ******

Would be great to see Beat Loopr have it's own Envelopes!! When using Beat Loopr set to bounce it is currently some what jarring!! ----- Having envelopes would make BeatLoopr look 10x better and make it a lot more viable to use!!

vjkatza
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by vjkatza »

There is no Super Major releases anymore since resolume went to the subscription method.
So I guess no there won't be an 8 version anytime soon, and if it will, it won't be a Heavy features update release.

VJH0

Post by VJH0 »

Oh no!! That's massively disappointing to hear : (

Okay well thank you for letting me know cheers!!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Well, it's not really a subscription, like what Adobe does.
You can read about the details here: ​https://resolume.com/support/en/updates ... en/updates

v8 would be big new features, but if you buy a license now, and we'd bring out v8 in a year, you could also use v8.
We bring new features with every 7.x minor version update, and bug fix releases with 7.x.x micro versions.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

VJH0 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 16:29 Oh no!! That's massively disappointing to hear : (
Really it should be the opposite!
That is because we don't have to save up new features for a a big release, like we did in the past, we can bring new features more often. It's actually a much more convenient way of developing, we can now develop a feature, test it thoroughly release it and start with the next one.
And we have some interesting stuff coming up which will tick some of your boxes.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

VJH0 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 01:42 CLIPS ---

Would be cool to see 'stackable clips' if you have 2-4 clips that work really well one after the other when used on auto pilot, would be cool to be able to drop all the clips, into a single clip slot and have them auto piloting all after each other. Would add a whole new dynamic to the auto pilot feature!

I like this, we did some experiments with having multiple clips/tracks in a clip slot, but our use was having multiple clips playing in sync in one slot and having faders to fade tracks in and out.
But having them as big clips is also an interesting approach.

Jacobvnsn
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Jacobvnsn »

Support for Notch Blocks PLEASSSEEEEEE
If Resolume is truly a major Media Server it should have support for Notch Blocks!!!!!!!

VJH0

Post by VJH0 »

Hello!

Oh okay, interesting, I think I might have misinterpreted how it works then; or I'm still stuck in 2008 hahahahaha!! I can't say I'm much of a software developer LoL

Amazing thanks for the response man!!!

Good to touch-base with the Devs every now and then!!
I'm buzzed and waiting patiently for the next few updates :: )) !!

Many Thanks!

VJHO