Random projector connection loss after cable problem SOS HELP

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
eratatat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Random projector connection loss after cable problem SOS HELP

Post by eratatat »

Hi there,
I am running a Resolume 6 project from my Mac outputting to 3 projectors. The projectors are wired with hdmi to ethernet adaptors and my display settings on system preferences have been set to custom 1080p/50 gHz (instead of 60 which was the display default).
Sometimes on my advanced mapping settings I would have to shift between display 2 and 3 for projectors 1 and 2 and vice versa, sometimes resolume would pick the right display and others not. Some sort of confusion between system preferences asigned monitors and advanced settings, that would be easily sorted. Apart from that the system was 100% stable, has never given me issues during shows.
On Friday a damaged hdmi cable on projector 1 gave me flashes on that projector and made projector 2 lose its signal a couple of times. I have now replaced the hdmi and ethernet cables on that projector and it seems like hardware-wise I'm covered. Running on the same adaptors.
However, now, I seem to randomly lose signal once in a while either on projector 1 or projector 2. Black screen and spinning wheel of 3-4 seconds and then back to the image.
I did reset all projectors with their adaptors (unplugged, replugged, reset system preferences), have restarted resolume a few times, but still can't go back to having a stable system.
Any advice on what to do? I would really appreciate.
Thanks

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Random projector connection loss after cable problem SOS HELP

Post by Arvol »

I've never had good luck with ethernet to HDMI. I would start there. How long are your runs? Install or rental? If it's install Amazon has 300-500' Fiber HDMI for like $125-200 well worth the cost and super reliable. If rental, Canare 6G-SDI cables and some 3G HDMI/SDI converters are a very reliable option.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

...another guess...

since you had trouble with a damaged hdmi cable.......are your hdmi-out ports in good shape?

*wild guess
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

eratatat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by eratatat »

Generally my outputs and hardware is ok. The cables are ours, adaptors are new.
I have replaced ethernet, hdmi, adaptors on the projector with the issue.
I have had very random loss of signal and it more appears to be software related. I am wondering, would it be a cache issue? System preferences and resolume cache that got messed up the day of the glitch?
Anyone would know if I can delete cache files and whether it's safe? I have found a tutorial, but it's the first time I would do it and need to make sure I don't screw things up more
Thanks

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Can you extend your desktop and make it a color like magenta and see if just sending a desktop color gives you drop outs? Sounds like hardware to me.