live feed icon colour

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
zgorzelec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

live feed icon colour

Post by zgorzelec »

Hi!

I´m new here, so hello everybody!
I ran into following problem: I use Arena 6 on a MacBook 17´´(OS 10.11.6) and use live feed with a Maxwell USB capture HDMI. When I select "USB capture HDMI" from "sources" and drag it to a column the icon is green and everything is fine.
After restarting Arena it happens from time to time that all these icons I´ve placed in the composition field are grey and are non functional. How can I connect the grey icons to the USB to HDMI device again? And: how do I prevent Arena from loosing the connection?
I hope this makes sense. Thank you for your support!

Daniel
Team Resolume

Re: live feed icon colour

Post by Daniel »

Hey zgor,

I tried to replicate your problem without any success. So I need to take a closer look at your log file.

Could you please send a feedback with your log file, please?

Go to Preferences --> Feedback --> Fill in the details and link to this forum post (so we know it is you) --> Send

daan.hzndnk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by daan.hzndnk »

Hi,

I do not have this problem with PCI-capture cards, but with USB devices (magewell or external webcams) it happens from time to time indeed.

Normally I just grab the live source and place it right there. This way it will keep all the transform-settings, effects etc. If you have made a lot of copies of the camera with different settings it might be some work to replace them all.. :roll:
Attachments
Replace live source.png

zgorzelec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by zgorzelec »

Hi, thank you for the hint regarding replacing the greyed icons with a ‚new’ generator. As I’m using several USB- sources in a new project and this behavior still exists- is there already a fix for this? It‘s very annoying if you have to replace several sources before a rehearsal or even a performance…

Scratchpole
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Scratchpole »

Create a layer just for your sources and use a video router source clip in places where you want to use the input. Locking the content on the layer also secures it in case of column triggers etc. When you start your composition you then only need to replace the source one time.