CRT and Matrox triple heads routing pb: How to use the composition dashboard with multiple outputs?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
georgesgeorges
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

CRT and Matrox triple heads routing pb: How to use the composition dashboard with multiple outputs?

Post by georgesgeorges »

Hey!

I am working on a 5300x600 project with 6 CRT screens.
I have two Matrox triple head, so I told Resolume I have two 2400x600 screens.

I use the first screen to display an horizontal image, onto three CRT, and the other one to display independently onto the three others ones.

I work with four layers: One for the first screen (horizontal image) and the three others layers for the three others CRT.

In advanced output, I made this routing:

Screen 1
Slice 1 - input layer 1
Slice 2 - input layer 1
Slice 3 - input layer 1

Screen 2
Slice 1 - input layer 2 (TV1)
Slice 2 - input layer 3 (TV2)
Slice 3 - input layer 4 (TV3)

I want to be able to control effects with a midi controller, and use the composition dashboard to do that, to apply an effect to all screens at the same time. But since I routed my screens/layers/inputs etc (lol) this way, the composition dashboard does nothing...

Any idea?
Mega thanks

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: CRT and Matrox triple heads routing pb: How to use the composition dashboard with multiple outputs?

Post by Zoltán »

Make your composition as big as all your outputs, play the clips on the areas you want (slice transform can be great help there) and then you can use composition routed to slices, and composition effects.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

georgesgeorges
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: CRT and Matrox triple heads routing pb: How to use the composition dashboard with multiple outputs?

Post by georgesgeorges »

Ok thanks, it's working now :)