DMX merge control / slice master control

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
joaquinundo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

DMX merge control / slice master control

Post by joaquinundo »

Hey everyone,

I'm having a slight problem with a setup of Chamsys MQ80 and Resolume 7.13.2.

I have a combined video projection + led strip fixture touring package and I'm switching between outputting the video to the led fixtures and video projector while also using the consoles effect generator on the led fixtures.

I'm outputting the video from Resolume via Art-net to the console and using DMX Merge to pass that on to the fixtures, the video to the projector is outputted straight from the laptop (MBP M1 Max). This all works fine as I want to, but I would like to be able to disable the video output from Resolume and only use the output on the video surface and not on the led fixtures / and vice versa.

I tried making a Grand Master for the led fixtures on the console but the incoming signal from Resolume with DMX merge overrides that. So far I have to disable DMX merge to only have output from Resolume only to the video projector.

So is there an easy solution to sort this out? Should I make dedicated separate layers for the led fixture output and video output and control their individual input source to achieve what I'm looking after? Or is there an other way to do it?

Thanks,