Lot of questions for resolume in theater mode ("live vidéo loop without time")

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Timoxy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Lot of questions for resolume in theater mode ("live vidéo loop without time")

Post by Timoxy »

Hi everybody.

I use resolume this time for the theater (not festival). So i use a column to play next scene.

My question, i want play the next column, but i want keep the previous clip if on the next column the column are empty. Is it possible or not ?

For the moment i duplicate all my clips (with automation) but when i clik on the next column, the automation restart, so i don't want restart the automation because the next colone make a glitch, because the animation restart.

I've you got an idea ?

thanks in advance.
Last edited by Timoxy on Fri May 05, 2023 22:02, edited 2 times in total.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Continue play clip on column when i clik on the next column ?

Post by Arvol »

A bit of a pain, but you could have a layer at the bottom of your comp and have it set tp bypass, then use Video Routers (under sources) in your current layer to point to that specific layer and ignore the bypass toggle. Then, in the bottom layer, right click the layer and turn Off Follow Column Trigger.

In the layer with column triggers, make sure your transition time is set to 0. Then you should be able to go through your show and the original video will be playing from the bottom layer but ignoring the column triggers.

If you're controlling via DMX, just program in a video clip change on the bottom layer via cue stack and then for all the other cue stacks, just use the next column trigger as you where.

Hope that makes sense?

Timoxy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Continue play clip on column when i clik on the next column ?

Post by Timoxy »

Hi Arvol,

To be honest, I don't really understand the process.

In fact this project it's so difficult because i can't make vidéo to play and it's finish, it will be to easy ^^.

The scenarist don't know the time of each scene, because it's a small company and the show piece lasts about 4 hours ... so they can't make a good test with all the actors.

So, he called me to make all in live with resolume so i try to make a lot of automation for the effect. because maybe one scene can make 25 minutes or 35 minutes ... or 10 so it's very difficult to make it.

For my problem i found an alternative just make the column on no trigger but i can't go on the previous scene... so is not perfect.

And i would like to stop automation on 2 clip opn the same column, but is not work because i need to select clip and push my surcot to stop, and select the other clip to push my shorcut to stop ... is not possible to stop in same time 2 automations on 2 clips ?
Because my problem is not finish. i need to move on X and Y this 2 clips in the space, but sometime i need to approach them without touch it, and go back to make a move a random move a gain, and make an approach again without touch the both picture .... (Why i choose this project .... ? :lol: )

If you want see my project is very cool :lol: