Saving Files

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"

Would you like Resolume to ask where to save the composition?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 12

DavidAiden
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Saving Files

Post by DavidAiden »

I would like the software to have the option whether the software asks the user where the composition file should be saved.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Saving Files

Post by Arvol »

Why? All compositions are stored in 1 location. There is a very well thought out and detailed folder structure in place. No need to change it.
If you want to export your comp this feature already exists under the collect media button in the media manager. from here you can select a specific folder to export to.

So this would be a -1 for me.

Nolaz

Post by Nolaz »

The fact that we can't choose the location is not a problem for me, I know where to find the files . BUT the big problem at the moment is not being able to export the whole project where I want to by collecting ALL the ad hoc files (composition, fixtures, outputs, etc.). I know it's a work in progress, but please implement the option to collect all the files and not only video files.

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Nolaz wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 09:55 The fact that we can't choose the location is not a problem for me, I know where to find the files . BUT the big problem at the moment is not being able to export the whole project where I want to by collecting ALL the ad hoc files (composition, fixtures, outputs, etc.). I know it's a work in progress, but please implement the option to collect all the files and not only video files.
You mean like a media manager and all your files (and composition file) is saved at one place so you can export it?

https://resolume.com/support/en/6/media-manager
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

djrummer
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by djrummer »

Arvol wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 16:41 Why? All compositions are stored in 1 location. There is a very well thought out and detailed folder structure in place. No need to change it.
If you want to export your comp this feature already exists under the collect media button in the media manager. from here you can select a specific folder to export to.

So this would be a -1 for me.
saving everything to a cloud based folder is very appealing to me.
its automatically backed up.

*cue you telling me a work around... ;) *

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Jesus... do NOT save your stuff to a cloud drive, I mean unless you like pulling your hair out. Then by all means do that. We'll all press "F" at your funeral ;)

rmn gee

Post by rmn gee »

Arvol wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 23:13 Jesus... do NOT save your stuff to a cloud drive, I mean unless you like pulling your hair out. Then by all means do that. We'll all press "F" at your funeral ;)
Wut? It's the only logical way to store your files in 2023. The inability of the software that costs 800 euros to change the default saving location is straight embarassing.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

rmn gee wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 13:07
Arvol wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 23:13 Jesus... do NOT save your stuff to a cloud drive, I mean unless you like pulling your hair out. Then by all means do that. We'll all press "F" at your funeral ;)
Wut? It's the only logical way to store your files in 2023. The inability of the software that costs 800 euros to change the default saving location is straight embarassing.
Saving show files to a cloud drive is asking for disaster. I've seen multiple shows fail directly related to this. You do you, but you will regret using cloud storage for show files. 100%