Display errors in Preview & Advanced Output window when mirroring UI window to second screen

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
frankfunk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Display errors in Preview & Advanced Output window when mirroring UI window to second screen

Post by frankfunk »

MacBook Pro M1
Mac OS 13.2.1
Resolume 7.14.4 & 7.15.0

When I mirror my internal screen to an external display I experience two similar display bugs: Both the preview windows and the advanced output window show an image only in the bottom left quadrant. In the preview window the content gets scaled to this area, in the advanced output window content is hidden when moved outside of the quadrant.

advanced output window

preview window

The only workaround to avoid this behaviour is to make the external display the main output and have the internal display mimick the other displays' resolution & refresh rate. However, this helps only sometimes.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Display errors in Preview & Advanced Output window when mirroring UI window to second screen

Post by Zoltán »

Just do a Resolume window resize.

The issue is, that when you're enabling the Display mirror after starting Resolume, your built in display goes form HiDPI mode to no HiDPI, and that needs a UI refresh to populate.

If you're mirroring displays, you won't be able to send output to your external display.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

frankfunk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Display errors in Preview & Advanced Output window when mirroring UI window to second screen

Post by frankfunk »

Unfortunately, a window resize doesn't fix the problem in this case. I had it help before, but not here. The error also occurs when mirroring is activated before starting Resolume.

mpopa92
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mpopa92 »

Same issue here with MBPro M1 13 inch, same os, resolume 7.15.0