4K at 60fps

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mtproduction
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

4K at 60fps

Post by mtproduction »

I have Resolume Arena 7.3.2 and a Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 12G card. When I select the output the 4K only goes up to 25fps. I know I can get 60fps out of the Decklink though because I was able to get that on ProPresenter on the same computer. Is this a limitation on Resolume or do I need to upgrade? Thanks in advance for your help.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: 4K at 60fps

Post by Zoltán »

Resolume will limit the FPS to the speed of the slowest output device.
Do you have a 60Hz format selected for your capture output?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

jacoblamb
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: 4K at 60fps

Post by jacoblamb »

mtproduction wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 23:15 I have Resolume Arena 7.3.2 and a Blackmagic Decklink Extreme 12G card. When I select the output the 4K only goes up to 25fps. I know I can get 60fps out of the Decklink though because I was able to get that on ProPresenter on the same computer. Is this a limitation on Resolume or do I need to upgrade? Thanks in advance for your help.
Hey, I had a similar issue here with the media server at my church. There may be another workaround, but I ended up purchasing a little blackmagic HDMI to 12G SDI converter for about $100 USD and started running my composition straight out of the graphics card. It has been flawless ever since.

I could be wrong, but I believe that a large factor in using capture cards is PCIE bandwidth and CPU lanes. Before we upgraded our media server, this seemed to be the bottleneck for us. Now with a new CPU and capable motherboard I'm running my composition straight out of the GPU (4k60), and my BMD capture card handles some 1080i I/O. One input from the video broadcast switcher Aux, one 1080 output slice from Resolume for broadcast purposes, and two more 1080 outputs for some PJ's on either side of the LED wall. ProP lyrics come into resolume via NDI which has also been rock solid since both machines are hardlined together with ethernet.

Hope this helps