TEXT has dissapeared :(

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dreamtk
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

TEXT has dissapeared :(

Post by dreamtk »

hi ppl.

all my text has dissapeared and my decks won't load or videos play :(

I remember in 1.51 there was a solution to this, something about a missing font, or corrupted font needing replacing ?

(i tried a search but it didn't work)

I'm desperate here, gig this Friday night :)

I'm glad i bought the program, but gosh i can't wait until it's running perfectly :)

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by dreamtk]

dreamtk

just found Barts answer

Post by dreamtk »

for all of you having problems with the text disappearing, we have updated the trouble shooting section and this should fix the problem:

When resolume starts it creates two files: 'fot1.fff' and 'fot2.fff'. These files contain the fonts used in resolume. If these files are still in the 'Crogram FilesResolume' folder when resolume is not running delete them and start resolume. Usually this solves the problem. It not, start resolume and copy the file: 'fot1.fff' and rename it to 'feisar.ttf'. Copy this file into the 'C:WINDOWSFonts' folder to install this font. Restart resolume and you should definitely be fine.

:)

dreamtk

Post by dreamtk »

still can't see anything in my SOURCES or EFFECTS tabs.

and DECKS won't load :(

dreamtk

Post by dreamtk »

fixed the problem.

JUSt DONT SAVE YOUR DECKS IN THE DECKS FOLDER ! :P If you do this weird things might happen :)

Very quirky but i can rest easy now :)

pifco

yikes

Post by pifco »

just spent the weekend remaking all my decks and saving them in the decks folder.
am a bit scared now!

squaat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

I\'ve seen this too

Post by squaat »

I'm wary of the decks folder too. for some reason (I thought it was because of a resolume crash) the deck files get corrupted. Any attempt to browse in resolume to a location of a corrupted deck results in strange things. So if you save them in the decks folder, resolume looks there on startup. Hence problems from the get go

Problems include, no resolution selection in the display setup dialog and no video output.

I discovered this while doing a show for a friend (yeah great timing eh?) And haven't looked into it too much recently, needless to say that it makes me scared of using decks. Which are kinda crucial.

Also has anyone else noticed that if using the tabbed deck feature that you loose the text settings on flash files?

dreamtk

Post by dreamtk »

if you have problems, just move the decks from the decks folder:) put them anywhere else !

however to say the truth, using decks causes too many problems i.e clips dissapearing ect.. ect..

[Edited on 6-11-2004 by dreamtk]