scratching

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
zutim
Is taking Resolume on a second date

scratching

Post by zutim »

hello, there is a knob called Griffin PowerMate . its a jogdail with USB connector. If u would write an actionscript like "1 frame forward" use shortcut xxx and "1 frame backwards" use shortcut yyy you can scroll through the clip and also scratch. its works with finalcut and premiere, because there is a shortcut for "next frame" and one for "previous frame" the Griffin PoerMate can apply all shortcuts on your keyboard. i`m waiting for the day, when i can scratch my footage not only turning the direction. the timeline is too short and too rough for mouse-scatching.
zutim@web.de
wishes from Hamburg/germany
your resolume is a great work

[Edited on 7-11-2004 by zutim]

zutim

scratching 2

Post by zutim »

i just recogenised that 1 frame is too slow. i have to turn the jogdail too fast to get an running movie or an fast scratch. it think a "3 frame step" forward or backward would be better

[Edited on 7-11-2004 by zutim]

Rincevent
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Rincevent »

I think it is a good idea and it seems easy to implement.

by the way the correct Name of the Device is : Griffin PowerMate

squaat
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Yeah I was wondering about this also

Post by squaat »

I was also looking into somehow mapping the keyboard stroke generated by the Griffin PowerMate into a midi signal of somesort. But I've never used a midi device before, so I'm lost in that field. Some initial googling suggested that this was possible, but I'm not sure how.

Has anyone got the Griffin PowerMate working in resolume to scratch video? It's a nice cheap alternative to purchasing a midi controller.

zutim

problem with midi

Post by zutim »

midi has the problem that u have only 128 steps of a slider. this is not enough because your clip has to be 5 sec long to get every frame rolling. is it longer, perhaps 20 sec, your playhead jumps 4 frames and this is not so nice. even the sliders and potis u can buy are so good for scratching. u need an turntable with min 12 cm diameters and more then 1 turns like a poti. the griffin would work with an shortcut in resolume, but there is nothing like that.
hope they will implement one.

therandelman

scratching with pcr

Post by therandelman »

hi!
at the moment, i am using fader of my pcr keyboard to scratch, and it works out fine. of course i can scratch the hwole clip - no matter how long it is.
i dont understand the problem, why 128 steps are not enough...?

i also have the power mate and would love to use it to scratch. i believe, that if there was some kind of shortcut, like you have for opacity or speed (1 step up, 1 step down), it would be easy to configure the powermate properly with its software!

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

It,s been on our todo feature list for ages to implement "scratch keys" so if you press a key it will jump foreward or backward a (configurable) number of frames. Or even a % of frames to make it usefull with long and short clips. But somehow we never got time to actually build it.

zutim

Can u say approximately when u will write the script?

Post by zutim »

Hey bart, can u give us a little timewindow when u expact to build it?

therandelman

DO IT DO IT DO IT

Post by therandelman »

Originally posted by bart
It,s been on our todo feature list for ages to implement "scratch keys" so if you press a key it will jump foreward or backward a (configurable) number of frames. Or even a % of frames to make it usefull with long and short clips. But somehow we never got time to actually build it.

AWESOME! :D :D :D :D
please try to do this for the next release. i know it is planed for 15th but i would love to wait a couple of days longer, if you implement that thing!
will ya? :o
WILL YA? :o

Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Danger »

that would be cool :)