Input Device Benchmarks

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Input Device Benchmarks

Post by Oaktown »

Decimator HDMI to SDI converter
I would think this converter would add 1 frame to your calculation.

One thing to keep in mind is that your monitor/projector is likely to introduce some latency as well so how are you doing your measurements? Are you using a running clock with millisecond and taking pictures of source and target at 1/1000?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Oaktown wrote:
Decimator HDMI to SDI converter
I would think this converter would add 1 frame to your calculation.

One thing to keep in mind is that your monitor/projector is likely to introduce some latency as well so how are you doing your measurements? Are you using a running clock with millisecond and taking pictures of source and target at 1/1000?
I've done some tests in the past, when scaling the decimator adds 2-3 frames of latency. But when straight converting actually is well under 16 ms. It's closer to the 7-8 ms. Which is pretty impressive and why i fly to every festival with abunch. Done with the ol picture technique at 60 fps.

gsbe
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by gsbe »

Thanks very much for posting this information. I'm wanting to add 2-3 live camera inputs to my setup and need help picking camera and capture equipment.

I'd like help summarizing your findings. I think that I'm reading here that it isn't necessary to find a camera with an SDI output because the Decimator HDMI to SDI converter adds so little latency to that conversion that it is negligible.

I'm also reading that the Blackmagic input devices are more reliable and add less latency than the AJA did. Are there any external capture cards that support more than one simultaneous input? So far these devices seem to be PCI cards

What cameras do you use with these setups? Thanks very much for your information

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

gsbe wrote:Thanks very much for posting this information. I'm wanting to add 2-3 live camera inputs to my setup and need help picking camera and capture equipment.

I'd like help summarizing your findings. I think that I'm reading here that it isn't necessary to find a camera with an SDI output because the Decimator HDMI to SDI converter adds so little latency to that conversion that it is negligible.

I'm also reading that the Blackmagic input devices are more reliable and add less latency than the AJA did. Are there any external capture cards that support more than one simultaneous input? So far these devices seem to be PCI cards

What cameras do you use with these setups? Thanks very much for your information
Maybe throw one of these in-line?
http://decimator.com/Products/MultiView ... -QUAD.html

voskull
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by voskull »

Hi There,

I have tested the Aja HA5-K with BlackMagic Decklink Duo 2 card

Resolume Output a 4K comp with a time-code / sync movie in Quadrant Left. on Quadrant Right i have the blackmagic capture feed.
Taken a iphone slow-mo recording of my screen output to check frame difference.

Resolume @ 50fps / content @50fps / capture @ 50p. 4 frame delay. ~ 80ms
Resolume @ 60fps / content @60fps / capture @ 60p. 4 frame delay. ~ 66ms could be a little less than 4.

Resolume 6.03 | Desktop video v 10.9.7 | nVidia Quadro m5000 (385.90)| HPz440

DouglasH
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by DouglasH »

Has anyone run further benchmarks? I’m looking for ways to beat the Blackmagic cards – about to go buy a Datapath VisionLC SDI and give it a go…

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

AJA U-tap HDMI ~constant at 6 frames at 1920p60 (100 ms).
Magewell USB Capture HDMI Plus - average 10 frames at 1920p60 (167 ms). Not constant - 8-12 frames on different shots. Dropped frames (color bars in captured video).

lightbx

Post by lightbx »

DouglasH wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 15:41 Has anyone run further benchmarks? I’m looking for ways to beat the Blackmagic cards – about to go buy a Datapath VisionLC SDI and give it a go…
Bump - can anyone on this forum who owns Datapath capture cards run a similar benchmark?

kman1898
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by kman1898 »

Hoping someone can do this test for the datapath

Warspite

Post by Warspite »

Magewell XI100DSUB-SDI
USB 2nd gen white aluminium version with SDI input
6-7 frames at 60 fps (0,1-0,12 sec).
Same numbers for Blackmagic Decklink mini recorder 4k.
Nice hardware.
Everybody wanders for datapath numbers.