Res 6 Too many clicks to scroll to hidden decks

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Res 6 Too many clicks to scroll to hidden decks

Post by theLABVisuals »

Why not use something like TouchOSC and specify the deck numbers directly on a tablet or something ?
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Res 6 Too many clicks to scroll to hidden decks

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

I also was frustrated with not being able to quickly find/switch to a specific deck that I have in mind, (this is quite important for me when working as a house VJ on a festival and need to react quickly to what the DJ is playing) or to be able to look at a visual representation of the decks when looking for some inspiration.

Looking at a decks list doesn't help at all, especially when you have lots of them, by the time you find the deck, it might be a bit too late for that intuitive reaction and you lost the momentum.

This is my solution to this problem.
set-up.jpg
I'm using Bitfocus Companion - Yes, it does require some prep in advance as you need to generate the thumbnails yourself and upload them to Companion when MIDI mapping but you only need to do it once.
So for those with a master composition that is the basis of most of their shows, it is a great solution.

Since implementing this I haven't spent a secong looking at my decks tab.

And the nice thing is that (and this has nothing to do with Companion) once a Midi note is assigned to a deck, it will remain assigned to it even if you decide to 'close' that deck from your master composition (you might decide that for a specifi show you only need 5 of your decks) - but once you bring a deck back into the composition, that button in Companion will still trigger the deck, regardless its position in the deck tab