Elgato 4k60S+

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Killoween@gmail.com
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Elgato 4k60S+

Post by Killoween@gmail.com »

Hello, I do not know enough English, so I am writing through a translator, so if anything, excuse me. There is a video capture Elgato 4K60S +, when you select it in the sources and add it to the composition resolume arena 7.3.2 rev.74029 crashes. Help to solve the problem please, since it cannot capture even 1920x1080 @ 60. With the latest version 7.4.1 it's the same story. Everything works well in Elgato's software. work with version 7.0.5.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Elgato 4k60S+

Post by Zoltán »

We're working on this.
Can you try 7.3.1 from the bottom of our http://resolume.com/download page meanwhile?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Fuzzy-EQ

Post by Fuzzy-EQ »

Was this issue ever resolved?
I seem to be having a similar issue with the same capture card by elgato, the 4k60s+.

But im able to get the feed to show in resolume but its a green screen with some static lines in it.

But when I use elgato software there is no issues with the capture card. I've also used it in OBS and it works just fine. Just curious as to if this card is supported by you guys at all?

I have the PCIe version of this card by elgato in a desktop of mine, the 4k60pro. And I have zero issues with that card so I'm a little surprised that this One is having issues or is not supported.
Last edited by Fuzzy-EQ on Wed Aug 24, 2022 05:21, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzzy-EQ

Elgato 4k60s+ resolume support?

Post by Fuzzy-EQ »

Okay so we recently bought new laptops and decided to go with the elgato 4K60s+ but we seem to be running into support issues with resolume.

When we tried it plug and play the elgato input wouldn't let me set it on the layers and wouldn't let me preview it. I later searched for some drivers and updated them, after that the input was able to be set on the layers and be previewed. But the input was green with static at the top of the image.

In our original setup we had elgato 4k60 pro which is a PCIe card that we had inside of our tower for resolume. This didn't need drivers and worked after we downloaded elgato's utility. This card uses the same utility as the one we just got because they are part of the same series of capture cards.

I've also searched around on the forum for other solutions and saw one other article being posted about this capture card. One of the moderators said to try a different version of resolume 7.3.1. I also tried that and I did not get any different results.

I'm just curious if this card is supported or will be supported in the future. I just need to know whether or not I need to go back on the market and look for a different card.

I also would like to add that this capture card in question the 4K60s+ works with every other program that we've tried it in. Like OBS studio, OBS stream labs and through their own utility.

(We also chose this card because of portability)

Any help is much appreciated.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Could you please send us the Resolume log file via the feedback tab in preferences?
Thanks!
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Fuzzy-EQ

Post by Fuzzy-EQ »

We just sent the logs on October 6th, 2022 at 10:58pm Central Time. :D

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Got it, thanks,
Can you post a shot of the issue you see?

Fuzzy-EQ

Post by Fuzzy-EQ »

Screenshot 2022-10-10 100502.png
here you go. thank you guys.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Thanks, we'll see what we can do.
Meanwhile you could try to spout the camera from OBS to Arena.

Fuzzy-EQ

Post by Fuzzy-EQ »

They're definitely are several other options out there, but most of them are reliant on a good network. And there's a lot of things that we have going on behind the scenes with what we do. Network-wise and I would like for the card to operate how it used to as the PCIE version. Which is direct input to resolume.

I find myself in situations where there aren't any internet connections and I use a mobile hotspot. In the last option that I chose. I usually didn't set it up right and ended up using about 30 gigs of data during an event.