Native support new Apple M1 Max chips

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Soarer
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Native support new Apple M1 Max chips

Post by Soarer »

And now we have M2 chips.
I just bought the new MacBook Pro M2 14" and I had to download Rosetta.
Does Resolume still not have native support of Apple M1/2 chips?
I heard that the fan on these new machines hardly ever starts but mine starts when I run my 4 layer project :cry: Not loudly but it runs. Mostly GPU stat is at 0% and then hits 92% now and then.

Soarer

Post by Soarer »

So Resolume when can we expect native support?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Soarer

Post by Soarer »

So it has native support and I don't have to enable open in Rosetta? So what about the GPU being on 0% with sudden peaks? Still I got surprised when the fan started running on this new M2 machine with just a few layers with a bunch of effects on each.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I wouldn't rely on OSX system monitors, do you see FPS drop in Resolume too?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

Soarer

Post by Soarer »

I was referring to Resolume’s “Show Hardware Stats” and not MacOS system monitor.

No it runs smoothly so that’s good. I was just wondering about it because of the reasons I mentioned. I am only using two simultaneous layers and as I mentioned the fan is sometimes running which I thought wouldn’t happen on a machine like this. I haven’t tried to stress it yet.

samaaron
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by samaaron »

Hi there,

I read that since v7.11 there's native support for Apple Silicon. However, I have been unable to install Resolume Avenue on a new M2 MacBook Pro as the installer says Rosetta is required.

Am I using the wrong installer? I looked around but couldn't find any instructions for installing Resolume Avenue without Rosetta. I'm assuming it's possible and that I'm just missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The installer contains the Intel code too, maybe that's why osx thinks it needs rosetta. Don't worry, Resolume will run in ARM mode on M1 and M2 by default.

samaaron
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by samaaron »

Zoltán wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:45 The installer contains the Intel code too, maybe that's why osx thinks it needs rosetta. Don't worry, Resolume will run in ARM mode on M1 and M2 by default.
Thanks - I am actually attempting to not install Rosetta on this Mac at all. However, it turned out my post was sent moments before you pushed 7.14.0 which it turns out *does* work just fine without Rosetta. So problem solved. Thanks!