Resolume 7.8 | Control & Monitor Arena, Avenue and Wire via the REST-API

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Resolume 7.8 | Control & Monitor Arena, Avenue and Wire via the REST-API

Post by bart »

With the REST-API and built-in webserver we're introducing by far the most powerful way to monitor and control Avenue, Arena and Wire. With the REST-API you can get and set any parameter value in the composition and you can even get clip thumbnail images! Communication via the REST-API can be done in almost any programming language, but most importantly in Javascript. This way you can for instance control and monitor your composition and Wire patches via a web-page on a tablet or phone. Checkout this support article for all the details and links to the API documentation.
phpBB [video]

We have created a few examples that are very useful already. For Arena & Avenue there is a basic clip triggering webpage that is a great companion next to your MIDI controller to trigger your most important clips, you can easily identify them because they show the clip thumbnail and highlight when they are playing just like Avenue & Arena. There is also a basic recreation of the Arena & Avenue interface in a webpage to show that you can control almost anything.

For Wire there is a basic example that shows the input parameters for the current patch so you can preview and control it from any web browser, including your phone.

These examples are bundled with 7.8 and run out of the box but they are also open source projects so you can use them as a starting point for your own custom interfaces.
You enable the REST-API and webserver in the Preferences.

7.8.0 Fix List
#14883 Preserve Alpha with Chroma Key effect
#16460 Chroma Key Edge Blur eats my GPU
#16695 Dragging the default transform to other targets should make a removable copy
#16767 Remove Custom from transport mode defaults
#16696 Bloom and Iterate not working properly on M1
#16658 Midi device is ignored if device connected after Wire starts
#16677 Multichannel texture support for logic nodes

Download
Select "Check for Updates.." in the Avenue or Arena menu and it will self-update, including Wire. Or checkout the downloads page.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Resolume 7.8 | Control & Monitor Arena, Avenue and Wire via the REST-API

Post by cosmowe »

THIS IS A BIG THING!!!!!!
With this announcement of 7.8 the possibility's are exploding.

...that came unexpected ;)
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

i.m.klif
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by i.m.klif »

Hi,

Web page remote works great from the machine that is running Arena. However, I can't get it to work from my Android mobile phone running Chrome. Both machines are on the same wifi network. What am I missing?

Thank you

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

i.m.klif wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 16:37 Hi,

Web page remote works great from the machine that is running Arena. However, I can't get it to work from my Android mobile phone running Chrome. Both machines are on the same wifi network. What am I missing?

Thank you
Turn off your mobile data ;)

fiverecords

Post by fiverecords »

Hello, it is a very good advance, but I do not see anywhere in the api, the way to control the advanced output. Being able to control the mapping points remotely with a mobile phone or a tablet is a feature that I would like very much to have. Thanks

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Being able to control the mapping points remotely
Teamviewer
And if you are doing that while onair in a live show? ...... I'll pray for you 8-)

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

p8guitar
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by p8guitar »

I don't get it. Why should I click on my tiny iphone screen to control arena when I can click on the big, clearly layed out GUI of the Arena app? Or what's the benefit of controlling Arena with chrome, firefox or edge? Don't get me wrong, I think I just don't understand what this rest-api thing is about... :?

Joel@MooTV

Post by Joel@MooTV »

p8guitar wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 16:07 I don't get it. Why should I click on my tiny iphone screen to control arena when I can click on the big, clearly layed out GUI of the Arena app? Or what's the benefit of controlling Arena with chrome, firefox or edge? Don't get me wrong, I think I just don't understand what this rest-api thing is about... :?
I want to use it to control the active servers remotely, while still having access to the GUI. Honestly, this is an absolute game changer... if it works.

This will help put Resolume into striking range of other media servers out there that already have something like this. Hippo has Zookeeper, disguise has remote editor.