Shift button that changes clip trigger to preview while pressing

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Shift button that changes clip trigger to preview while pressing

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

Han wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 16:40 I wish me a button that changes the function of clip triggering to preview.
I know I can click the name of the clip to preview this.

When I map my APC40 I bring the clips to the button matrix for triggering.
But I also want to be able to preview with the matrix.
So I need this shift button.

At the moment I use the controller to run a show and my mouse for previewing.
Here is the solution to your problem - https://get-juicebar.com/detail/midishift

Alvis_Cortex
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Shift button that changes clip trigger to preview while pressing

Post by Alvis_Cortex »

xienius wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 16:21
Arvol wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 05:19 and then mapping one of your buttons (in your controllers software) to be a switch/shift is the way to do this.
But how do you do that? I think that most controllers can't. I'm using the recommended AKAI APC40 Mk2 and I think there isn't even any software at all, if I haven't missed anything.

I also own Behringer X-Touch Compact for my lightning setup – it's software can remap buttons but there is no switch/shift feature. And the last one I have is Korg nanoKONTROL Studio for sound control, which does have editor software, but can only define scenes and it's pain to switch between them – definitely not usable for shift. I don't know anything about other controllers...

What controller do you use, which's software can do more advanced features like this? I think Resolume should handle the shift/condition check. And I think that most other pieces of software (like music DAWs) handle things like shift, banks and encoder modes themselves too, so controller manufacturers don't bother implementing those...
https://get-juicebar.com/detail/midishift