BeatLoopr with Timeline

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
VJH0
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

BeatLoopr with Timeline

Post by VJH0 »

Hello all!!

I am wondering if anyone has any information about using the BeatLoopr feature, when the clip itself is set to timeline?

My Keyboard mappings still work as BeatLoopr, but I have no idea as to what timings?

Can anyone shed any light as to how the beatloopr works with Timeline? And is it possible to enter in custom time parameters? So instead of it being 4 BPM, I could manuallychange it to be 2 seconds?

If that's not already a feature it would be very cool to see it implimented; giving more feasability to using BeatLoopr in conjunction with Clip set to timeline!

Big Thanks!!

J

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: BeatLoopr with Timeline

Post by Zoltán »

Interesting, I wouldn't expect beatlooper to work with timeline, but it seems the shortcuts are indeed working.
Beatlooper uses the composition tempo and beat grid when a clip is set to BPM sync, with it set to Timeline it seems it's using the default 120 BPM.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

VJH0

Post by VJH0 »

Ahh okay thanks, good to know!

Yea it would be really cool if it were possible to maunally set Beat Loopr to a specific amount of time. This way i would be able to gain all the advantges of using BeatLoopr, without having the spped of the clip itself dictated by the BPM of the music.

Sometimes when I go to set a clip and set it to BPM sync, it either plays too quickly or too slowly and sometimes, this means that the clip becomes unusable!

It'd be amazing to see a feature where instead of Beatloopr being worth 4 beats, I could maunally chnage it be be worth 2 seconds instead!( or how ever many seconds you wanted for each e.g. 1/2 = 0.6 seconds or something) Thiis way, when juggling through a long clip that is over 10 minutes long, I could get to a loop of the section that I liked, and be able to loop that part with consistency, rather than it being synced to the beat. As sometimes, a paticualr loop from a clip that I like may not fit exactly within the 4BPM time frame, and the clip will look weird as it jumps from one scene to the next!

I think this would be a really cool way to optimize and improve the BeatLoopr and allow the feature to have a lot more freedom in it's potential use !

Big thanks!

j

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Well, in timeline mode, a clip doesn't know about it's tempo, so the beatlooper can't know where the jump point should be.

So you'd like a looper based on time?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

VJH0

Post by VJH0 »

Yeah a loopr based on time! That'd be a really cool feature to see! And having the ability to customise and choose the loop times would be amazing!

I've got some great ideas in how I'd want to use this feature; and I think it opens up a lot of new avenues :)