Wire and UI Elements and Lighting Control

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Matt Daniels
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Wire and UI Elements and Lighting Control

Post by Matt Daniels »

I'v just started down the road of Lighting Control. To do this I have started using wire to build custom patches to control some movers. I would love to have some more UI options.

1.Sliders for INT input would be nice. I can use float In and set it to an Int in the patch but the decimals numbers on the interface upset me when I know it is a DMX address.

2. XY slider not just for this use case, there are plenty of things in Resolume that an XY element could be useful for.

3. Pan Tilt controller (Custom Color UI).
I have been experimenting with using the Color In and the UI it has all the elements I need. I hook Hue to Pan and hack Saturation and Brightness to manage Tilt. (The tilt functionality is a work in progress) But all the elements are there I can also use the HSB Sliders to to rotate in single directions and the Palette as preset locations. So it has all the bits I need I would just like to rename the parameters and drop the colours from them.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Wire and UI Elements and Lighting Control

Post by Arvol »

You can map DMX to an int, it doesn't need to have a slider to move. You can also hold down the mouse button and drag an int to have the same affect as a slider. But having a slider for int would be a +1 for me :)