Poor video quailty on 9600x1080 Display

Bro, does your rig even lift?
MikeO
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Poor video quailty on 9600x1080 Display

Post by MikeO »

Hi, I am brand new to Resolume.

We just had 5 x 168" LG DV LED displays installed, we are planing to show it off but there's an issue. Still images are amazing. Video sucks, the issues we are seeing are poor frame rate and displays out of sync. We had custom 9600X1080 video assets created that look great on 3 49 inch displays at my desk but when I load it on the Display walls PC it looks horrible.

The issue we have is that when playing a video you can see the seems because the frames are out of sync. The PC has 2 Nvidia Quadro A1000s. The video files are custom 9600x1080 and we have blended the displays together on a still image it look amazing.

Is there a setting I am missing or is my hardware wrong?

Extra detail:
PC Specs
i7-12700f
16gb Ram
A1000 8Gb x2

Display Wall
5 168" 2k FullHD LG DVLED systems

We are using HDMI to Evertz transmitters then fiber to Evertz receivers then HDMI to the monitor controller.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Poor video quailty on 9600x1080 Display

Post by Arvol »

You'll need a proper video card to push that many pixels. Looks at a RTX3080 and upward

ceecrb1
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by ceecrb1 »

Not saying you are wrong... Genuine question as to expected/required gpu for resolume: But a 3080 to run what is basically 4k+1hd?
Really?
That seems like a LOT of graphics card for not that crazy an install (while true their current setup might not be powerful enough)?

Frames out of sync on many systems can also happen due to using differing physical connectors on a GPU. GPU may be drawing the frame of each connector one after another, rather than in parallel all together at the same time.
I've fixed that exact issue using a different machine/media server with 4x 4k DP outputs on one machine.
Fixed with datapath fx4´s. They can solve the problem 2 ways, one is that 4 of the displays are rendered as 1x4k signal. 2, they have a sync input so using a very simple sync generator, they will all output frames together.
They can also be linked together as they have a DP loop output, MAY be possible or not to send the entire 9600x1080 to one DP output, link the DP's of 2 units and have 4 outputs of 1 do the first 4 screens and the 2nd unit do the 5th. Never needed to test that type of setup so not 100% sure.

Later there is the option of 5x less powerful resolume machines and timecode to sync the playback.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

His GPU has less performance than a RTX 3050. I personally have never even heard of this GPU until today, but "My" rule of thumb is to Start your GPU selection no lower than a x060 series (3060, 2060, etc). Without being in front of the hardware it's difficult to know what exactly is going on (could be many things) but that's the first red flag that popped up to me. Maybe it's the GPU, maybe it's not, but that wouldn't be a GPU I would recommend anyone I know to use.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The FPS issues probably come from sending texture through the second GPU.
The FX4 would help there.

Signage displays can often be daisy chained and run from a single input, to create a tiled setup, you might be able to run the 5 displays from a 4k and a 1080p output without any external hardware.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu