LOW FPS ON MAC & WINDOWS BOOTCAMP

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
fraserec
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

LOW FPS ON MAC & WINDOWS BOOTCAMP

Post by fraserec »

Hey, first post here & a new user of Avenue so forgive me if I've made any newbie mistakes!

I have a show in a couple of weeks where I'm looking to make use of 4 screens behind the DJ decks. I have all my content prepped in DXV, some with alpha some without, no audio on any clips and everything is rendered to be the lowest file size possible. Biggest clip being 700mb, smallest being 7mb.

I'm building on a macbook pro 2020 - 32gb RAM, i7 etc...
Running Avenue on a Windows bootcamp as it seems much more stable. Running on MacOS gave me 10 - 15 fps when playing back just one clip on one screen...

Comp resolution - 1440 x 810
Content resolution - 720 x 405
I have a mirror effect on one video that is controlled by audio, a bright.contrast effect that is also controlled the same way, and then another video I have the playback set to random - matching the BPM of the project. No other major effects and only running 5 layers of content max at a time.

Using advanced output I created 4 screens that each have 1 slice of 720 x 405 and I'm manually moving content to those screens using position X & Y. This seems to be acheiving what I want, running at 30 - 50 fps when I have 4-5 layers of content on one screen. However my problem is when I turn on the content for the rest of the screens my FPS drops to about 15 - 20 and looks like it may even be losing quality too.

I'm using a usb-c to 4 hdmi adapter which seems to be working just fine and lets me cast different slices to each monitor, but the low FPS makes the whole set up worthless. Is there something I have missed within my settings? Have I set up my screens correctly? I've seen some people suggesting using an FX4 to split the output for better FPS, but I don't have 2k to drop on a splitter that does something Resolume claims to do out of the box...

Any help, advice, or direction is greatly appreciated... Breaching into VJ'ing one roadblock at a time! :P

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: LOW FPS ON MAC & WINDOWS BOOTCAMP

Post by Zoltán »

Is your hdmi adapter USB or thunderbolt?

Does your mac have dedicated graphics?
https://resolume.com/support/en/tech-specs
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu