Pioneer ProLink Deck Target Incorrect

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
knappy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Pioneer ProLink Deck Target Incorrect

Post by knappy »

No luck. On Monterey, Pro Link Bridge never recognizes the players or the mixer. Rekordbox in export mode works fine with ProLink enabled.

With ShowKontrol, it sees everything fine, but there is the Resoulme bug (based on what David noted) that prevents me from dragging the track on the deck to the clip. Again, Monterey, same setups.

I've tried multiple setups of the network, including my main unmanaged switch and various DHCP.
Same results as above under all the circumstances.

If I put a windows machine on the same network and run pro link bridge, it connects up with no problem, but of course, the resolume on the MBP (Monterey) only sees thee decks and lets me drag the deck to the clip to assign but never sees the timecode even when the Windows ProLink Bridge is set to TC Net Node Mode Server

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

You need the latest Bridge app for it to work properly: 1.1.3
These settings work just fine for me on Ventura, 192.168.1.155 is my wired adapter
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2023-01-18 - 11.23.52.png
Képernyőfotó 2023-01-18 - 11.20.56.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you're on M1 mac, try running the bridge app in Intel mode, right click, properties, open using Rosetta.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

knappy

Post by knappy »

OK... Well, that was mostly it. The Rosetta setting got it to connect! Thank you.
Now everything works except the layer opacity and target layers.
Decks are Deck 2 & 3, and they are on channels 2 & 3 on a DJM900nxs2. They do not seem to trigger properly on the associated layer. Seems to select Layers 1 if I set it to 2 and 2 if I set it to 3

(All using ProLink Bridge) I would still like to get the bug worked out between ShowKontrol and Arena. :)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Ah, that's weird. Indeed with no player 1, the clips don't go to the proper layers.
I've made a ticket for this.
Setting the players to be player 1, and 2, and restarting the bridge app and Resolume, should make the targets work.

knappy

Post by knappy »

I updated to the newest Resolume. Here is what I'm still seeing both with Bridge and Show Kontrol.

2 Decks on channels 2 & 3 on the mixer, and the pro link players are 2& 3, respectively. This is so it's comfortable for the DJ and ensures the on-air works properly.

All clips are set to set to target the pioneer player determined
Player 2 is set to target layer 5
Player 3 is set to target layer 6

What is happening for either bridge or SK is
player 2 is launching on the layer where the clip is loaded (layers 2 or 3 where they reside)
player 3 is launching on layer 5

If I set my decks to player 1 & 2 as suggested, it targets the right layers but then the up faders are not correct as mixer channel 1 controls the video of deck 2 and mixer channel 2 controls the video for deck 3. But of course, the audio is on 2 & 3.

I know it could be a SK or Bridge thing. I'm happy to have a quick session to show what is happening. I have noticed it's inconsistently showing a player and the title of the track (draggable).

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

knappy wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 22:03 What is happening for either bridge or SK is
player 2 is launching on the layer where the clip is loaded (layers 2 or 3 where they reside)
player 3 is launching on layer 5
Yes, the indexes are switched by one in Resolume.