OSC from Resolume to MagicQ

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
nicmune
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

OSC from Resolume to MagicQ

Post by nicmune »

Hi,
I'm trying to trigger a a playback in MagicQ from Resolume, to have lights and video synced.

The custom OSC message that i need to send is "/pb/1/go", so in Resolume I've added this message to a clip.
It works fine, the problem is that when I'm clearing the level of the clip the OSC message is sent again and trigger for the second time my PB in MagicQ.

These are the messages captured by Protokol
11:24:02.848 | RECEIVE | ENDPOINT([::ffff:192.168.1.200]:63314) ADDRESS(/composition/layers/2/clips/2/selected) INT32(0)
11:24:02.848 | RECEIVE | ENDPOINT([::ffff:192.168.1.200]:63314) ADDRESS(/pb/1/go) INT32(3)
11:24:11.130 | RECEIVE | ENDPOINT([::ffff:192.168.1.200]:63314) ADDRESS(/composition/layers/2/clear)
11:24:11.142 | RECEIVE | ENDPOINT([::ffff:192.168.1.200]:63314) ADDRESS(/pb/1/go) INT32(1)

As you can see after the clearing of the layer 2 I receive again the same message that triggers my PB. Is there a way to prevent it from being sent?

Thanks in advance for every hints you can give me :)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: OSC from Resolume to MagicQ

Post by Arvol »

you can send a generic message out on osc and then use something like this:
https://benjamin.kuperberg.fr/chataigne/en
to build conditions that send out another osc meessage.

nicmune
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by nicmune »

Thanks for your hint!
I would have loved to do it inside of Resolume, but for what i'm understanding it's not possible to have a real customized OSC message.

Thanks again!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Using OSC Out, you can make a custom message. But it's just 1 message per instance, so if you want a clip to also change lighting cues, camera selection, and audio on a console, you would need to send out a singe message as a trigger that connects to another listener that sends out multiple messages using something like Chataigne. Alterntativly, you could create more layers/instances/blanks that send out a message per instance but then your UI gets muddy.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The clip trigger indeed sends out the clip connected state. We have a ticket for this.
The integer value says if the clip is playing.
This has 5 states,
0= empty slot,
1=clip present, not connected or previewed
2=clip previewed, but not connected
3=connected, but not previewed,
4=clip previewed and connected.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu