Problem with slices on specific layers.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pet-span
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Problem with slices on specific layers.

Post by pet-span »

I'm just getting started with resolume and have built out my advanced input and output transformation. I'm going to be at a festival with a large led screen and want to have some circles that are dedicated to some layers for camerawork and then be able to run a different layer behind the circles. The circles will all be running the same thing and the background a different clip. When I add slice transform and add the slices to a layer it doesn't seem to effect anything. The output transform is how I aim to have the screen look, but I'm not able to make a layer go to the whole screen. I'm also wanting to be able to see the final look in the composition monitor, but it only shows the full image of what's being sent to the circles. I feel like it's something easy I'm missing, hoping this makes sense and someone can help me out! thank you in advance! I attached some pics to give an idea of what I'm seeing as far as settings.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 4.48.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 4.48.05 PM.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Problem with slices on specific layers.

Post by Zoltán »

Have a look at this youtube stream we did a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4ruvVcdXhY
it should explain all the bits to using slices with ​Slice transforms.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

pet-span
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Problem with slices on specific layers.

Post by pet-span »

Got it figured out, I was building in output transformation not input.