Show both preview + composition output

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
visuaal
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Show both preview + composition output

Post by visuaal »

I've been using Avenue for a few months now and I absolutely love it. Somehow I managed to change the UI to show only the Preview or the Composition output. I'd like to change this back, so I can see both the preview and composition output side to side. I've been searching for a long time but I can't find how to do this. I attached a screenshot.

It must be something really simple, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attachments
avenue.png

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Show both preview + composition output

Post by Zoltán »

Try loading the default layout, or right click on he composition monitor label, and duplicate it.
https://resolume.com/support/en/layouts ... w-monitors
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

visuaal

Post by visuaal »

Bless you! Duplicating the output worked :)

vidumami

Post by vidumami »

I'm going through the training videos and in 5.1 Preparing a Composition it shows the preview monitor and output monitor side by side with both displaying content. I noticed the training video is using Avenue and not Arena.

training video
Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 9.04.49 PM.png
When I tried to repro this on my install of Arena it would not display both monitors. I could not find an Output Monitor anywhere and when I put the Composition Monitor and Preview Monitor side by side it forced me to display one of them at a time as a tab rather than showing a single tab with both monitors.

my setup
Screen Shot 2024-04-21 at 9.14.23 PM.png
Is the side-by-side monitor thing only available in Avenue?

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Christoph »

These features are the same in Arena and Avenue. But the tutorial you're referring to was from Resolume 6, with Resolume 7.7 we introduced having more monitors than just the Output and Preview, by this they also became a separate panel each.

You can drag panels and arrange as you like, if you drag the preview monitor to the very edge of the composition monitor (or any other panel) you will see such a line which means you can drop then side-by-side rather than in a tab-like fashion:
multiplemonitors.jpg
Check out this article for more about this:

https://resolume.com/support/en/layouts