Incorrectly inserted frames when clearing all clips via OSC

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Scratchpole
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Incorrectly inserted frames when clearing all clips via OSC

Post by Scratchpole »

Hello all,
Found a weird little bug...hope you can find a fix or explain why it's happening.

I'm running OSC from machine 1 to machine 2 as a back-up solution. Outputting all OSC messages in the default state on Broadcast. I use column triggers from midi and clear all for each track on machine 1.
When I hit clear all, I see an earlier frame/s from the clip inserted at the wrong position on machine 2.
I identified this with a single clip playing and making a recording of the action. Same thing happens when I switch it all and send osc from machine 2>1.

When I make the same action with multiple layers there seems to be some delay between different layers being cleared. I have a 0.2 second transition time set on each layer and I have some advanced output group/layer routing going on in the full composition. It can end up looking a bit messy with the odd added frames and the above stated issues.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Incorrectly inserted frames when clearing all clips via OSC

Post by Zoltán »

OSC output all will send all info, on all contexts, a clip position can be sent 3 times for example, with the selectedClip, layer position, and layers//clips//position.
I'd recommend to create a specific OSC preset for sending only the messages you really need.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Scratchpole
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Incorrectly inserted frames when clearing all clips via OSC

Post by Scratchpole »

Thanks Zoltan, that makes sense. I only require the column triggers and clear all trigger in essence, just to keep the back-up moving along with the show.
Who needs a back-up machine these days anyway? ;)