Clip not clearing/retriggering

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
bencharoo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Clip not clearing/retriggering

Post by bencharoo »

Hello
I am working in Resolume 7.13.2.17774 (the latest version)

System is a AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz and an RTX3080.

My project is 25fps, my media is DXV 3 normal quality with alpha.

I am working in a demo version on my studio PC not a licensed version (which is on the show machine) but assume this should not present a problem

I am trying to build a very simple resolume project where a clip is triggered and then I use an auto follow action to play another clip which then loops infinitely. Lets call these clip 1 and clip 2.

Initially this worked fine, however I made a change to the retriggering behaviour because I did not want the clip 1 to start again if it was triggered again before it had finished playing. I changed the play behaviour to "continue" rather than "restart" in transport controls.
Image 01.png
At this point Clip 2 does play after clip 1, however when I retrigger clip 1 (which is 15 seconds long) it has stopped playing at 14:24, rather than the end of the clip and does not retrigger.

I have tried two possible solutions to solve this problem and neither have worked.

Solution 1 : have the clip set to loop and then in autopilot set the number of loops to 1.
Image 02.png
Solution 2 : have the clip set to play one and clear
Image 03.png
Both exhibit the same behiviour. I think the software is not behaving as it should but perhps I am missing some global setting somewhere I need to sort in order to get it working.

Advice welcome

Cheers!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Clip not clearing/retriggering

Post by Zoltán »

Interesting. We'll see what we can do about this.
Meanwhile, keep the first clip on play once, and continue mode, and if you want to trigger it again, click once on the clip's name handle to preview it.
That seems to make the playhead finish properly, and then the clip can be triggered from the start again.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

bencharoo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Clip not clearing/retriggering

Post by bencharoo »

Thanks for your reply.

This wasn't an option as we were using the software in an installation where it was triggered by an external system. In the end we had to use the external system and delays/further triggers to solve this issue.