Audio looses sync going into Final Cut OR Premiere.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
FractalMan
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Audio looses sync going into Final Cut OR Premiere.

Post by FractalMan »

My Resolume rendered file has perfectly synced audio and video, but when I take it into Premiere OR Final cut the music plays about a second ahead of the video - and it doesn't stay consistent (so I can't just slide the audio over a bit). It happens even on playback in either app, not just on the render output from Premiere or Final cut.

I fiddled with a bunch of settings, but it still does it. Hoping someone has already solved this.

Using M1 MacBook Pro with 64 gigs ram.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Audio looses sync going into Final Cut OR Premiere.

Post by Zoltán »

Could you share the file, and how you made it?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

FractalMan

Post by FractalMan »

Thanks for the reply. Not sure if you mean the Resolume working file, or the rendered movie file (it's big).

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

The file you have issues with. I guess you're trying to use the rendered one in premiere, that one then.

Does that file play fine in Resolume or VLC?
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

FractalMan

Post by FractalMan »

It's 4k 72 Gigs, not sure how I'd post it. But it plays fine in Resolume (with audio and video properly synced).

It's when I try to take that file and bring it into FCP or Premiere that the video lags (even playing it, not just the output render).

It doesn't stutter, it's just out of sync both playing and recorded output in FCP and Premiere. Tried DXV3 and ProRes rendered versions with the same results.

Thanks again, appreciate your time.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

How did you create this file?
Is it a recording or a clip render?

FractalMan

Post by FractalMan »

It came from an animation.
Recorded, not a clip render.

The final product out of Resolume looks great and is in sync (it is just too big at 72 gigs to upload to Vimeo). The problem comes when I try to play or output from FCP or Premiere - lots of stutter and delay. Have the viewer dialed down to 1/16, no change.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds like the rendering FPS might have dropped below 30 and then there are frames dropped from the recording.
You can enable the Show FPS in the output menu, and then keep an eye on the value displayed in the preview.

FractalMan

Post by FractalMan »

Ok, then if I'm recording 4k at 60fps is there a way to lock into that fps, or is it automatically variable? It dips to 59.75 in a few places, but mostly stays at 60fps. Once it goes out of sync is there a way to repair it after recording, or must it stay in perfect sync to play perfectly once recorded?

If it's just 1 clip at that high of FPS and frame rate, is it better to Clip Render or Record?

FractalMan

Post by FractalMan »

It gets more interesting - When I render a file with audio Alley stutters on playback and video has NO audio. When I take that same video into Quicktime (once converted into ProRes using Alley) it opens and freezes on the first frame and won't play.

BUT when I take the same video into VLC it plays perfectly, without stutter and audio is great. Basically flawless. Huh?

My 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Max running 12.1 has 64 gigs ram and a 4Tb SSD which is half-full. All content is on the internal SSD.