Video freeze

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
vjcreatiff
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Video freeze

Post by vjcreatiff »

Good day. Resolume Arena version 7.13.2. There is such a problem.
1. I create a project 2304x1536. Each column uses 4 layers. The first layer plays video 2304x1536, the second layer plays 256x1280, the third layer 256x1536, the fourth layer 256x768. Some clips are over 5 minutes long. All material in DXV format is stored on an SSD disk (Sata).Video without sound. There are stutters during playback.

Intel I9-12900
64GB
Quadro RTX A4000
2xSSD
Win10Pro

fetzav

Re: Video freeze

Post by fetzav »

Hello fellow Resolume user. I'm having a similar issue. Is the program freezing or lagging at all? What is going on with your CPU/RAM/VRAM & frame rate stats during the stutters? Does Resolume ever read "Not Responding" during these stutters?

Check your Windows update history. I noticed Windows installed two updates the day before my issues started. I wonder if it is a Windows system thing clashing with Resolume.

Good luck!

vjcreatiff

Post by vjcreatiff »

fetzav wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 08:55 Hello fellow Resolume user. I'm having a similar issue. Is the program freezing or lagging at all? What is going on with your CPU/RAM/VRAM & frame rate stats during the stutters? Does Resolume ever read "Not Responding" during these stutters?

Check your Windows update history. I noticed Windows installed two updates the day before my issues started. I wonder if it is a Windows system thing clashing with Resolume.

Good luck!
Everything is ok with my CPU / RAM / VRAM indicators. As the freeze happens, the FPS drops and I observe bursts on the hard drive (separate from the system) where the content is stored

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Is the disk OK?
Read errors or bad sector access can hang a machine.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

fetzav

Post by fetzav »

vjcreatiff wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 15:02
fetzav wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 08:55 Hello fellow Resolume user. I'm having a similar issue. Is the program freezing or lagging at all? What is going on with your CPU/RAM/VRAM & frame rate stats during the stutters? Does Resolume ever read "Not Responding" during these stutters?

Good luck!
Everything is ok with my CPU / RAM / VRAM indicators. As the freeze happens, the FPS drops and I observe bursts on the hard drive (separate from the system) where the content is stored
Very interesting. That sounds very similar to the problems I'm experiencing. I need to keep an eye on the drives during the freezes. Have you tried loading content onto another external drive and testing? I tried an extra HDD I had and I still had freezing issues.

My next steps are to uninstall/reinstall Resolume, and then if that fails uninstall the recent Windows updates. I'm rooting for us!

vjcreatiff

Post by vjcreatiff »

Zoltán wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 17:12 Is the disk OK?
Read errors or bad sector access can hang a machine.
The disk was checked. Everything is fine

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

As discussed via mail, it was the disk.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu