DMX shortcuts in Arena 7.14.2

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: DMX shortcuts in Arena 7.14.2

Post by Zoltán »

Arena has a DMX monitor you can open up from the Preferences - DMX tab, using the small play button on the top right.
There you can check if Resolume receives the value you expect for the clip trigger.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

FlyingSuperkidsDK
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by FlyingSuperkidsDK »

iknow, and we do receive the expected values, and it acts, just as if we press the buttons in the UI.
BUT when I select a clip, some clips won't auto play, regardless if I click the clip in the UI or trigger it through DMX

FlyingSuperkidsDK

I have been trying random things tonight, and it seems like I can get the remaining clips to autoplay on select, if I do the following:
1. Select one the clips that won't auto play when I select it.
2. Manually click play on the clip (the clip starts playing in a loop now, as expected)
3. Clear the layer
4. Now I can select the clip på clicking on it, and it will start to play automatically.

Quick note, if I have missed to mention it somewhere in my posts: we have enabled the function that auto plays a clip when we pull the video fader for the layer up, so this is not an issue when we only want to play one clip on a layer.
But when we are already playing one clip on a layer, and we want to change the clip (to another one on the same layer) the issue with auto play becomes a probelem.
Until now we have solved it by programming a quick cue that sends a pause command after selecting the new clio, and then 10 milliseconds after, we send a play command. But this is not very optimal in a 4000+ cue show with 300 video cues...

With that explanation out of the way, I would like to know if what I experience in regards to the 4 step potential workaround, is expected behaviour in Arena? (the first section of this post)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Column 1 should always be a "Blank" source, that will allow it to clear.

FlyingSuperkidsDK

New update to my previous post about clip auto play:
The "fix" seems to be very temporary, as the issue returned efter an hour or two...

FlyingSuperkidsDK

Here is a screenrecording of the issue
https://cloud.blueskypro.dk/s/pnezkEWDryMEgKR

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Clips which are paused will be paused the next time you trigger them too.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu