Advice for synced playback

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
huntson
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Advice for synced playback

Post by huntson »

This is my first foray into Resolume and before I get too deep I'd like to know if it can do what I need. WE have a need to playback two video files in sync on two separate outputs. During playback we'd need to be able to, pause, play, rewind, FF, etc. A non-technical person would be doing this work so it would be helpful if a jog-shuttle approach was possible.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Advice for synced playback

Post by Zoltán »

The easiest for the operator would be rendering the two videos into a single file, side by side, play it in a 2x wide composition.
Then you can use the advanced output to split it up to the two displays.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

huntson
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by huntson »

This is not feasible due to the time-constraints from the time the files are created to the time they need to be played back.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

DL This:
https://bitfocus.io/companion

In your Comp, have Layer 1 be for Output 1 and Layer 2 be for Output 2. In Advance Output route your Output 1 Slices to read from Layer 1, and your Output 2 Slices to read from Layer 2.
Open up Resolume's Preferences and go to OSC and turn on OSC using Port 7000.

Then in Companion, Select an active network adapter then click "Launch UI". You will then add in a "Generic OSC" Module and set the IP to 255.255.255.255 and the Port to 7000 then create the following buttons using the OSC Module:

Clip Connect:
/composition/layers/1/clips/1/connect
/composition/layers/2/clips/1/connect
***1 Button for each clip***
You will need to make these button's an Int with a value of 1 for Press and a value 0 for Release.

Play/Pause:
/composition/layers/1/direction
/composition/layers/2/direction
This button will also be an Int with a value of 2 for Play and a value of 1 for Pause.
***Play needs to be set for the Release Action***
***Set this button to be a Latch button***

Rewind:
/composition/layers/1/direction
/composition/layers/2/direction
This button will also be an Int with a value of 0 for Rewind and a Value of 2 for Play.
***Play needs to be set for the Release Action***

You can use the Free Web Emulator for this software by clicking the "Emulator" or "Web Buttons" up at the top left on the webpage, or buy an Elgato Stream Deck for a physical device to control this.

In the future if you render everything out to the same video file, you can loose Layer 2 and just create Slices in Advance Output that sample from different parts of the same video file.