RAINBOW WHEEL OF DEATH - Arena 7.8

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
K3VLAR
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

RAINBOW WHEEL OF DEATH - Arena 7.8

Post by K3VLAR »

Hi, i have a registered version 7.8, when i start resolume up i get the continuous rainbow wheel. i have to force shut down the programme. I have had the key for 2 months. started doing this 2 weeks ago. I uninstall and reinstall. it works fine, until i add videos shut down and save, when i try to open it again i get the wheel of death....please help.... Thanks.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: RAINBOW WHEEL OF DEATH - Arena 7.8

Post by Zoltán »

Try converting the media files to DXV.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

K3VLAR

Post by K3VLAR »

Zoltán wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:28 Try converting the media files to DXV.
I cant do anything, i open resolume and the spinning wheel starts up and i am literally locked out of resolume. I have to force shut down.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Renaming the composition file Resolume tries to open, you will have a new empty composition on startup, hopefully without a hang.
If you're not sure which one it is, renaming the Documents/Resolume Arena/Compositions folder should also do it.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

OwenAguilar

Post by OwenAguilar »

Solution based on the very similar problem that you have experienced is that you have to use Alley to convert all to dvx. We had an event and i need to play 17 sets of 4 minute long videos at 4K resolutions with total file size of 27 gig. I tried to do a shortcut by just playing it at their mp4 format. The rainbow wheel problem happened. But after converting all files using alley, from 27 gig it became 152 gig, but it works and the rainbow wheel of death stopped. Hope this helps!