Caching Problem in Resolume?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Eltharion_

Post by Eltharion_ »

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 8000, that seems to have problems playing back video ONLY WHILE IN RESOLUME...

Although, while playing media back through Windows Media Player there is absolutely no problem.

Problem Description: Inability to play any media back at full FPS -- while these media clips playback at full FPS in Windows Media Player 6.4 with absolutely no problems at all (0 - 5% CPU Utilization, next to no RAM used). When Resolume is loaded up, with a completely empty deck, playing no media CPU Utilization jumps to 100% !!!

Codecs Tried: MidiVid, Cinepak (With your reccomended Settings), Mpeg1, Mpeg2, Mpeg4, DivX (also others).

I am dumbfounded why this is occuring.

I have tried multiple OSes 98, 2000 SP2, XP

Anyone else have this problem? Or a resolution for it?

Eltharion_

Post by Eltharion_ »

[edit] Meant to have topic as "Possible CPU Loop / Leak" ... as further investigation on my part show it not to be a caching issue[/edit]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

you are right about resolume using 100% cpu all the time ... it's a bit to technical to expain why we did that ... but is it a problem? most of the time you will only run resolume and not multitasking ... unless you want to check your email while you are doing a show ;-)

Eltharion_

Post by Eltharion_ »

Your reply doesnt address my problem though...

How could this new laptop, not have enough power to playback these clips?

When it plays them just fine through windows media player?

(Considering, you are calling the same codecs, so its not that which is the problem...)

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

if you use footage rendered with the Cinapak codec with our recommended settings (320x240 every frame a feyframe) you should not have any problems ... a friend of us also has a Dell inspiron with a geforce2Go video chip and it runs smooth as silk ... he runs win2K ...

Eltharion_

Post by Eltharion_ »

Ah, I am using the cinapak codec...

I have a friend widn an Inspiron 7500, and it runs just fine on his (ATI chipset)...

Although mine, an Inspiron 8000, cannot playback clips at full speed... I'm dumbfounded by this.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

uuuhhh ... me too ;-(