move composition from pc to mac

Bro, does your rig even lift?
DAS BEN
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

move composition from pc to mac

Post by DAS BEN »

hi
i am thinking to buy a macbook. did anybody made expieriences to move the compositons from pc to mac ?
my clips are encoded with pic mjpg (avi), this will maybe a problem. if i have to encode the clips to mov, will resolume recognize the new clips, because the name changed from .avi to .mov ?

thanks
das ben

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: move composition from pc to mac

Post by Rene »

I'm also looking for a smart way to move compositions between different machines. It seems that the only solution so far is to edit the composition file manually and change the (absolute) file path of the video to the new location. Then repeat for each clip. :(

olowski
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by olowski »

between pc and mac i suggest to find-replace names in composition file using texteditor. (backup oryginal first )

between 2 pc's (i'm preparing comps on my laptop with demo version and playing from stornger machine with full license) it is very simple way to move your compositions. just keep all media stored on the same letter disk (x: in my case) on both computers. you can force disk lettering in administrative tools in control panel.

its pitty that we have no other ways of exporting projects in resolume. at least, something like "collect files" would be very useful, especially for that of us not keeping files in order on their hd.
_________
olowski
kolektyw kilku.com

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Thanks for the force drive letter tip, Olowski!

A collect and gather function has been discussed before. It's on the radar, but we still have to figure out a way to do implement it properly. It's a pretty incisive feature, that could lead to large amounts of data being moved with a single click of a button, so it's not something you can take lightly.

Joris

soup@liastudios.com
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by soup@liastudios.com »

Trying to move master project file from PC to MAC and not getting a smooth midi transition ... i loaded the midi preference file of course and see the midi values are even still the same, but when I try and move a fader nothing. If i remap that fader on the mac the value is the same (channel 9 value 21), but it then works ... really hoping theres an extra step here because this show file is too big to remap the whole thing ...

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Going between mac and windows, the midi device names and identifiers can be different. This will then cause the midi device assignments to break.
We have a ticket to address this somehow.

Re-selecting the midi device in the shortcuts should fix the shortcuts, but will take some time.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

linaaunty0
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by linaaunty0 »

I loaded the midi preference file of course and saw the midi values are even still the same, but when I attempt and move a fader nothing happens when I try to transfer the master project file from PC to MAC. The value of the fader remains the same (channel 9 value 21) if I remap it on the Mac, but it then functions. This display file is too large to remap the entire thing, so I'm really hoping there's another step.