resolume 2.0 beta 2: post your bugs here

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ashitaka
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

midi and speed probs

Post by ashitaka »

hi .
i've got some problems controlling resolume 2.0 with my midi controller. i'm using a behringer bcf 2000. when i assign a key to an effect in the midi interface and delete the assignment later by clicking the x on the bottom, its fuktion still exists and keeps changing the choosen effect, but its not standing in the list anymore. i have to open the interface again, have to choose the effect (no assignment is standing behind it), double click on it and press delete on my keyboard - then the key is switched off. that makes it difficult to keep the overlook. keys overlap...
the next problem i dicovered is when i assign a fader to e.g. global speed and put it to 100 %, the speed bar of the 20 channels just move up to 75 % - not 100. i have to click into each channel picture, so the bar of the choosen clip jumps back to 75 % - when i touch the fader again it jumps up to 100 - finally.
i've read an other user comment - he describes that his clips are running 1.5 times faster. i discovered the same problem!
there are several more small bugs, but these are the toughest ones for me.
i've got a dell dimension 8300, win xp sp2, cpu 2,8 ghz, 1 gb ram, ati radeon 9800 pro 8 agp video card. i think resolume is the best programm for live vjing, still got some bugs, but they are worth to get solved.
please let me know about possible solutions.
greets and thanks very much, ashitaka.

[Edited on 12-11-2004 by ashitaka]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

hi there

my output screen is just BW ?!

wtf ?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

dont know if allready written, but i noticed sometime a few minutes ago!

there an error with the midicontroler

i set speed layer 1 to 3 each one on a rotary knop, und if i change layer 2 to 3, i still have to turn the knop for layer 2 to change the speed of the clip in layer 3 which formaly was layer 2

greetz
t3

DAS BEN
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

somebetatesting

Post by DAS BEN »

hi

after some excessive testings there is no way back to res 1.51, because i made all my new decks with resolume 2.2. so here my betatest. it sounds like a big complaint, i really had some big frustrations, so much work agaain annd again gone in the wind, or crashes during the show and everything gone again. but i like to stay with resolume, its still the best live-tool. so i dont want to complain, i want to help.

bugs in resolume beta 2:

-this happenend a few times: i moved some decks from a safty to the resolume deck folder. all my preferences were vanished. but this was also a problem of resolume 1.51, i dont know the reasons but i am now fast in doing my preferences, cause i had to do it so often, because just before the show starts, i noticed that all the preferences are gone to hell again.

-if resolume crashes the last deck is corrupted and resolume wont start without problems, like no effects, some transfermodes missing, clips dont like to load. after deleting the deck everything is ok.
it is posssible, that all the loaded decks are corrupted and have to be deleted. you can still work with these decks, but just if you load them from a different folder and dont save them into your deck folder.

- it is not possible to delete a deck in the deck view or to move it in a folder. if you do it in explorer, your preferences might be gone !

-there is no mute button for the effects anymore.

-also missing: if you leftclick on a transfermode it should be turned off, like in resoume1.51.

- no possibility to asign a key to multiply or difference, wich i use a lot.

audio analysis: i think it is the main feature of the new resolume version and i wonder that there is really no discussion about it. so here some comments.

-first it seems not to be analysis, resolume did not find the beat, it just connects the flickering of the equalizer to some parameters. this works really good for drum and bass or breakbeat and you have to use very short clips,but if you have for example a simple electrobeat, the soundtriggering is too hectic and mostly is the range of changes too small. for example, if i let resolume scratch the clip, its more a flickering, too fast and the range is really small. if i push up the fall to get a significant moving, it gets even more hectic. its not really connected to the beat.
so my wishes: first a tab-function, so the user can tab the beat or correct it beat analysis would be great, or just the possibilities to run some parameters in a
more rhythmic way.
hand work, like midi control should have prijority over the soundtriggering (with add its ok, with exact no chance)

greeting das ben

Sense
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Right mouse button on layer picture crashes resolume

Post by Sense »

Sometimes, hard to reproduce, changing effect parameters with right mouse button on picture of three channels, immediate crashes resolume. Don't use this often, but after a couple of hours of vj-ing, it may occur.

nz
Sense

[Edited on 30-11-2004 by Sense]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

maybe a known Problem, maybe only i have it...?! Changing the effect slots ('activate effect slot') doesn't work well. Changing the Slots neither work with midi nor with hotkeys. It's only possible by selecting it via mouse. Also putting a effect in an other slot then '#1' works only by draging it direct in the slot - otherwise by selecting a effect (midi/hotkey) it always appears in slot #1.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i have absolute the same problems with the effect slots!