Windows Capture from Chrome into Resolume

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
elecdashtron
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Windows Capture from Chrome into Resolume

Post by elecdashtron »

I have a bunch of ThreeJS and Vanilla HTML5 Canvas generative interactive animations that run inside of Chrome. Id like to be able to set up a workflow for live performance with resolume as the output stage.

Set up: WINDOWS
I have 2 Chrome windows open, each running a separate animation(in full screen all though this doesn't matter much). Id like to be able to capture Window 1 and Window 2 as a 2 separate media streams into resolume so I can fade in/out as i want and then project out.

Have tried:
OBS however this only works for 1 in focus window. If I have 2 windows open and playing, OBS only captures the in focus window. and even then you only get 1 SPOUT stream
NDI tools, similar problem in that I can only capture 1 window and get 1 output SPOUT stream.

Had a look at older posts here but have not found a solution yet :(

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Windows Capture from Chrome into Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

Put windows side by side, and capture whole screen, then crop to two clips.
NDI scan converter can publish display outputs to separate streams, so if you connect two displays, put one chrome window in each, you can have two captures.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

In OBS have you tried using a Browser Source instead of a Display Capture or Application Capture?

elecdashtron

Post by elecdashtron »

Arvol wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 19:27 In OBS have you tried using a Browser Source instead of a Display Capture or Application Capture?
Yeah the browser source only works for simplistic websites, I wasn't able to get it to load even a basic HTML5 Canvas test.

elecdashtron

Post by elecdashtron »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 18:11 Put windows side by side, and capture whole screen, then crop to two clips.
NDI scan converter can publish display outputs to separate streams, so if you connect two displays, put one chrome window in each, you can have two captures.
Sounds promising will try this thankyou