PosiStageNet to OSC

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
daan.hzndnk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

PosiStageNet to OSC

Post by daan.hzndnk »

Hello dear interested,

I was wondering if any of you is known with the PosiStageNet protocol. Basically it's a protocol for network to transfer position, speed and orientation data from trackers or any other moving scenery.

https://www.posistage.net/

I am working on a musical production in The Netherlands about Johan Cruijff (14 de Musical) and we will be doing some video-mapping onto moving scenery rigged in the flying bars of the theater. So that's only the Y axis. The height of every flying bar in this theater is accessible via the PosiStageNet and I am thinking about moving this data into Max/MSP but perhaps some of you have another great idea how to transform the data from PosiStageNet into OSC values that Resolume understands.

Who knows? :D
Best, Daan

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: PosiStageNet to OSC

Post by Zoltán »

Sounds interesting!
Feel free to follow up if you find a solution ;)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

daan.hzndnk

Post by daan.hzndnk »

I will :-)

daan.hzndnk

Post by daan.hzndnk »

I found a solution by contacting www.theimpersonalstereo.com (David Butler).

He wrote a external for Max/MSP to receive Posistage.net information. It's not out in public yet but if you write him he'll send it to you.

I havn't been able to test it yet, will do in the coming months if I finally get my hands on a Posistage.net source ;)