2 laptops one Novation Remote 25

Bro, does your rig even lift?
VJDefinitive
Is taking Resolume on a second date

2 laptops one Novation Remote 25

Post by VJDefinitive »

Hi All,

Please let me apologise if this is a simple question or been asked before. Ive searched everywhere, but cant seem to come across the answer, maybe its bcoz Ive got flu, or maybe its bcoz I had a heavy xmas.

Ok, Im wanting to control 2 laptops, with resolume on each, with 1 Remote25. I want to be able to switch programs/tempates/settings/channels (not sure what the right term to use is) so that I can switch from controlling laptop No.1 to Laptop No.2.

I have Laptop No.1 connected to the Remote25 via usb to usb in the remote25, laptop 2 is connected via Edirols UM1 midi usb converter.

Ive been trying this for days now, but not sure where the problem lies, I can get both laptops working (getting controlled with the remote 25) but i want to control them individualy.

Does each laptop need to be reading the signals through a different Port?

Please help, my brain is mashed

Thanks in advance

p.s. Happy New Year to all of you, if yours was as good as mine, then you'll know how I feel

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi VJDefinitive,
you will need to configure the software so that Resolume on computer no.1 only listens to certain midi channels (say 1-8) and that the other computer only listens to channels (9-16), you can configure this in the preferences (midi general) window.
Then on you midi controller you have to configure the keys and controllers to send their signals on specific midi channels, i think their default is allways 1. This should not be to hard to setup.

Cheers
Edwin

VJDefinitive

Post by VJDefinitive »

ha, i see, its each individual key and controller! Ive been working on trying to find a setup on the remote25 that has a global midi channel, im guesing now tat doesnt exist.

Thanks for that, ill get onto it now

VJDefinitive

st

Post by VJDefinitive »

Im still having a nightmare. So Ive started from scratch.

I am now trying to get just one of the laptops to be controlled by the Remote25 (connected by the Edirols UM1 midi usb converter) on anything but Midi Channel 1. Ive highlighted all channels in the general midi setup apart from number 1. Ive looked at everything I can on the Remote25 setup but still cannot get a signal to be sent to resolume.

Does anyone else use the remote25? Am I missing something obvious? any help is appreciated

VJDefinitive

Post by VJDefinitive »

its ok guys, just figured it out.

Even though you chnage the general midi setup to listen to certain channels, you still have to reset the ket and controllers within resolume

Thanks for you help. be back soon